caddies in Scotland (cost and tipping)

2,372 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Aggie369
bagger05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We have a group of three people who are playing. We really just want one caddie for the group. None of these courses advertise forecaddies, but that's really what we want.

So is it cool if one person gets a caddie and kinda has them work for the group? If this happens I guess he'd end up with only one fee but three tips.
Harry Stone
AG
They will pretty much only work for the person whose bag they are toting. They may give you a couple of lines on the greens or offer a piece of advice on a tee box (such as taking an extra club for wind or elevation) but most likely they aren't going to help the others. Truthfully, they don't have time as they're marking distances, reading putts, etc for the person they are really caddying for. i'm not sure what they will do for an extra tip, but you'd probably have to give it up front or they definitely won't help, and something like 10 pounds won't mean **** to them for the added amount of work. I know this from experience as I tried to do that at Royal County Down and he didn't really do much. either get a caddie for each player or just go along trying to manage the course yourself, but it's best not to try and swing a '3 for 1' deal.
Aggie369
AG
Or ask for a forecaddie...that way they aren't carrying anyone's bag and they are staying ahead....some courses may do this
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.