Getting back into the sport

1,631 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by senorchipotle
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy,

I'm trying to get back and playing golf now that I have a lot more free time on my hands. I moved to Dallas a couple years ago and work/life has been in my way for a while so I haven't played an actual round since the summer/fall of 2012.

Can anybody recommend some good, accessible courses where I can walk the 18 and just relax. I used golf as a stress relief while at A&M and I'm looking for that again.

TIA
senorchipotle
AG
quote:
Howdy,

I'm trying to get back and playing golf now that I have a lot more free time on my hands. I moved to Dallas a couple years ago and work/life has been in my way for a while so I haven't played an actual round since the summer/fall of 2012.

Can anybody recommend some good, accessible courses where I can walk the 18 and just relax. I used golf as a stress relief while at A&M and I'm looking for that again.

TIA

Getting back in myself. Are you north or south?
bagger05
AG
Dallas is a big place. Where are you located?
wangus12
AG
I'm smack-dab in the middle, right of 75. I've been looking at the municipal courses around Dallas, although it looks like it'll be raining this weekend regardless.
AggieIce
AG
Not a ton of good "walking courses" around here.

But check out Firewheel, near you and a pretty fun set of courses.
bagger05
AG
Aside from the munis there aren't a lot of good options IN Dallas. Most of the good stuff is north of town.

Firewheel is good and they'll let you walk.

If you want to head all the way over to Rowlett I usually play over there on the weekends and you're welcome to join. No price break for walking but my friend and I walk anyway.
wangus12
AG
Played a round at the Old Brickyard south of Dallas. Pretty unique little course built in an old quarry. I forgot how completely terrible my driving is. Glad to get a round in before this weather hit us.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Pecan Hollow is a solid walking layout.
senorchipotle
AG
I like cedar crest for walking. It's near the zoo. Hilly, but not too long and walker friendly. Probably gonna play out there saturday if you wanna hit the links.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.