SCOR Wedges on Sale

2,519 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by ORAggieFan
mt3950
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm sure it is due to the impending Hogan re-branding, but SCOR wedges seem to be selling for $80/ea on their website. If i remember correctly, thats about $40-$50/ea off of retail. Just thought some of you guys may want to know.
nickel
Thanks for post. I'm going to jump on that for 50, 54, 58.
Cool_Hand
AG
I play a 57, 52, 47, 42 and absolutely love them.

That's a great deal. I paid $139/each.
stick93
AG
They are definitely moving g the technology over to the Hogan brand. If you are in the wedge market now is a great time to give these a try.
bagger05
AG
I liked them but they seemed really small to me. Definitely worth hitting though.
Cowboy Curtis
AG
Hell of a deal. I spent nearly $600 on 5 wedges less than a year ago. Absolutely love my SCORs.
Whoop04
I am seeing them for $99 a piece on their site. Where are you seeing $80?
mt3950
AG
They're 99 for 1, 89 for 2, or 79 for 3 or more.
ORAggieFan
They sure don't make it easy to just select what I want. They want to give me five clubs but sorry, I'm not going to do that. Currently I have a 44 deg P wedge then a 52, 55 and 69 set that I'd replace. Want to fix my gaps there but not going to add a fifth wedge or remove my P.

My thinking is 49, 54, 59 but I can't seem to get that.

Would love thoughts of those using them.
Whoop04
69 deg wedge? You're a straight up baller.
bagger05
AG
ORAggie, I thought they usually have you 3, 4, and 5 club options...
bagger05
AG
quote:
69 deg wedge? You're a straight up baller.

Can't play a 69* wedge. It would mean I'd have to get rid of my 80* and that's not an option.

I'd stop carrying a putter before I got rid of Dr. Knockdown.

Whoop04
quote:

Would love thoughts of those using them.

You looking for reviews of SCOR wedges? I have a 58 and love it. You have to be ok with a small club face and generally like the idea of what the club is about. I would replace a couple of my mizuno wedges (which I do like) for a trade straight up, but I don't want to pay to do so.
ORAggieFan
Oops, some typos. Currently have 52, 56 and 60.

Interested in reviews and what lofts people use. Seems they are more aimed at approach shots than shots around the green, chips and flops or bunkers. Is that true?
stick93
AG
I have the exact setup you mentioned earlier. PW is 44 and I play Scor 49, 54, 59. I have found them to be good from all lies and distances. I struggle a little more with the 49 than the other two for some reason. I think it's because I don't use it as much as the other two. It's a 115-125 club for me and that's longer than most of my layups and shorter than most par 3's. But I love the 54 because of its versatility.
mt3950
AG
You can select exactly what you want at checkout. They make suggestions, but you can pick whatever lofts you want before you buy.
jj9000
AG
quote:

Just add (1) 49* wedge...weaken your 52* by 2*...and strengthen the 60* by 1*.

Problem solved.

mt3950
AG
Just deselect the clubs you don't want, and customize the ones you want. Pretty easy.
ORAggieFan
quote:
quote:

Just add (1) 49* wedge...weaken your 52* by 2*...and strengthen the 60* by 1*.

Problem solved.

But then I don't get to buy new clubs!

I was messing around using my phone watching kids so maybe I messed up the club selection thing.
Whoop04
You can definitely select any loft you want. The grind is designed to be versatile, so chips, pitches, bunkers, should all be fine. If you are playing GI irons, they might be a little bit of a shock, b/c the face will be smaller than what you are used to. Otherwise, I don't see how you won't like them.
ORAggieFan
Ordered 49, 54 and 59. I trust TA.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.