Bag shopping

2,725 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by VegasT
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So I've had my Mizuno cart bag for about 10 years and it's finally ready to retire.

Any brands or even specific models I should check out? Is there any drop off from the golf brands to the bag specific brands like Ogio or SunMountain?
I'm liking the Titleist lightweight cart bag and the PING cart bags. The Nike ones look nice but I'm not sold on the new neon colors all over them.

Jut trying to get a feel something what I want to go take a closer look at.

I what about places to look and buy? I'm kind of disappointed in Golfsmith selection. I figured there would be more.
Brenner
AG
Sun Mountain gets a lot of praise. Sun Mountain makes the Titleist bags, just rebranded.
Jack Daniels
I don't think Sun Mountain makes the bags for Titleist anymore. I looked at some at PGA Super Store and they definitely look different this year. Still probably good bags though.
bagger05
AG
Definitely looking for a cart bag?
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:

This^

Need to know that to get the best advice.
Aggie1391
I'm in the market for a new bag too. However, I'm looking for a stand bag most likely.

Are there good options for around 100 bucks, or am I going to have to shell out more to find something that'll last a while?
Ag_07
AG
quote:

Yeah or a staff bag, but dang those are expensive and almost too big. I did notice some companies make a small/medium staff bag.

I don't ever walk so stand bags are out.
The D
AG
I wouldn't get a cart bag. I never walk, but I've had a cart bag for a while and its heavier and sometimes wont stand on its own depending on the surface.

I just pulled the trigger on this bag- http://www.golfsmith.com/product/30099225/ping-hoofer-14-stand-bag?cm_vc=vc_cs_pp

I got the white, gray and lime one. It has 14 dividers, plenty of pockets, stands on its own and is much lighter than the cart bags.

Also at the time, ping was running a $40 promotion for it, so I got a gift card for $40 at the time of purchase to golfsmith.
saltydog13
AG
For the stand bag, PING is the only bag I've carried and they last forever. My last ping hoofer lasted 10 years and I picked up a new one last year. It's about $175 so a little over budget, but well worth the $$
antman8504
AG
I have a cart bag too. wish I had gotten a hybrid bag. I have seen them made by a few manufacturers like callaway and sun mountain.

The cart bag is too heavy and doesn't stand on its own if it is windy, so it is inconvenient when I practice.

I did not like my old stand bag because it slid around on the cart and did not have 14 individual dividers.

To me the hybrid seems to be the best of both. Its lighter with a stand, 14 full length dividers and has the bottom of a cart bag so it doesn't slide around.

CapCity12thMan
AG
I got a PING Hoofer in 2003, and just finally decided I wanted a new one. It lasted forever and is still in great shape. I went with the standard PING Hoofer, which differs from the Hoofer 14 in that it only has 5 holes instead of 14 at the top.

ORAggieFan
I got this Ogio cart bag and love it. Tons of room and very light. Use on a pull cart a lot and no problems.

http://ogio.com/golf/gotham-cart-bag
The D
AG
quote:
The cart bag is too heavy and doesn't stand on its own if it is windy, so it is inconvenient when I practice.

This. Having a cart bag sucks when at the range.

Get a stand, or walking bag with 14 dividers. A bunch of companies make them.
The D
AG
quote:
I got this Ogio cart bag and love it. Tons of room and very light. Use on a pull cart a lot and no problems.

http://ogio.com/golf/gotham-cart-bag
Gross
ORAggieFan
I have the Slate color, none of the crazy ones. It's fairly normal looking.
20txaggie12
OGIO, lots of different models and colors. Very good quality
Icecream_Ag
S
I got the Ogio Grom last year when they went on sale. Sun Mountain also makes a good hybrid (C130-S)

edit to correct the name
AggieC07
AG
Ping is one I always thought was the best. I have a Callaway stand bag and I'm not too big of a fan.
Chipotlemonger
AG
I'm pretty happy with the Sun Mountain that I've had for years. Has held up well.
Mr.Bond
AG
Have this and love it. Not heavy at all.

http://m.golfsmith.com/product/30099130/titleist-men-s-lightweight-cart-bag
bmcghee03
AG
+1 for PING Hoofer. The best bag I've ever owned hands down.
Ag_07
AG
Went with this one and at $125 from Budget Golf it was a pretty good deal. I went and looked around at Golfsmith and just couldn't pull the trigger on a stand bag. If I'm at the range my bag is on a rack and I carry EVERYTHING in my bag. I needed the extra room more than a stand.

Thanks for the input and suggestions fellas!
Hamburger Dan
I've been a HS golf coach for nearly 20 years. I've used Titliest, Sun Mountain, and Ping. The Ping bags last longer, have more features, colors don't seem to fade out as quickly, and come in many styles and colors. Expect to pay in the $150-$170 range for a good one.
Diet Cokehead
AG
I am an Ogio guy all the way. Have a cart and stand bag of theirs and they are awesome bags.
VegasT
AG
I vote Ogio. I bought one a little over a year ago when someone posted a Coupon Code on Texags. It was a $225 bag that I got for $99.

1 week after the warranty expired it ripped, seam of pocket into the bottom of the bag came undone. I emailed Ogio and explained the issue and my past experiences with their products to see if there was anything they could do since it was out of warranty.

In 5 days, I had a brand new bag, higher end - free/no shipping.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.