Anyone else not use a driver?

3,598 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by AustinCountyAg
LHIOB
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
When my driver isn't going well (usually mental) I hit my Calloway 3+ 13*. Its probably 20 yards shorter than my driver but I love it.
khaos288
AG
Well boys it was a hell of a day on the course.

Some days after work I can sneak in the par 30 9 hole course near the house. My best on this course was 44 until today....

All three holes that required the driver I hit 200+ and my iron game was even more on point after my lesson. I shot 34. Bought myself some new shoes to celebrate.
ORAggieFan
Too bad there wasn't a second nine to fire a 50 on.
khaos288
AG
quote:
Too bad there wasn't a second nine to fire a 50 on.
Hell, that'd break 100. And 90. I'd be ecstatic still.
KatyAg01
AG
Thought I would bump this thread to offer a bit of encouragement to those struggling with the driver (easily the most inconsistent club in my bag for many years now).

If you haven't tried teeing it up high and hitting the ball on the upswing, do it. I had dabbled with it before, but never had any consistency, so I gave up and went back to pegging it fairly low.

Had a solid session on the range today and I don't know what I was doing differently today compared to the previous attempts with that method, but damn! I was swinging easier/smoother and the ball was carrying at least 20 yards farther than it does when I tee it up lower and swing harder.

I still need more work with it, but I absolutely saw an immediate improvement in distance (especially carry) with the 20-25 balls I hit with my driver today. Someone thoroughly described it earlier, but it bears repeating: position the ball off your front foot, tilt your trail shoulder down/low, swing smooth and watch it fly.
AustinCountyAg
i have been trying to work on those tips and after my horrendous round with the irons this past Sunday I did get out and played 9 holes this past tuesday. It was MUCH better than on Sunday. I made a few pars and missed a few puts from around 10ft that would've been for par which is encouraging after what happened during the weekend.

I agree that swinging with an uphill swing with the driver and the slight tilt at the hip as helped my driver a lot since I began trying that. i look forward to when the day comes that I can hit it consistently off the tee box.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.