Condo available for a "beat the heat" Colorado golf trip

9,214 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Mr.Bond
proudaggie02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.vrbo.com/654607

If anyone is interested in a trip to Breckenridge to play golf this Summer or early Fall, I'll offer a nice TexAgs' golf forum discount.

Here are a few nearby courses: Breckenridge Golf Club (5 minutes), Keystone has 2 courses (20 minutes), Raven in Silverthorne (20-25 minutes), Copper Mountain (20 minutes), and several courses in Vail/Beaver Creek (35-40 minutes). These are top-notch courses, and it's pretty awesome to play in 60-70* degree weather in July/August.
khaos288
AG
Very interested! just out of curiosity, what's the discount?
girlgolfer12
Me too!!
proudaggie02
AG
It depends on the dates you want to book, but somewhere between 15-30%.

My rates are already among the lowest of any condo in our building. EDIT on 6/3/2018: The TexAgs discount summer/fall rates will be in the range of $90-120 per weekend night & $80-105 per weeknight (plus cleaning and tax), depending on availability and demand. These rates could potentially drop for longer stays.
proudaggie02
AG
Here are a few pictures:

Breckenridge:

Raven:

Keystone River:

Keystone Ranch:

Eagle Vail:
SkierAg
AG
Would you accept an even trade on condos? I have one in Crested Butte in town. Skyland is very close to town, Gunnison has a couple nice courses, Dos Rios was our training grounds for cross country when I was at Western State freshman year.
proudaggie02
AG
^
I'd be interested in swapping 2-3 nights this summer.

Did you know Mike Sobecki at Western? He ran cross country.
SkierAg
AG
I ran 2001-2002, when did he run? Half our team was from New Zealand it seemed. Coach Vandenbusche liked to recruit the kiwis
proudaggie02
AG
He graduated around 2010.

Where do you live? I live in Lone Tree.
SkierAg
AG
I'm in Argyle, north of Ft Worth. Vacation to Colorado since I was 4, nearly 30 years. Spent many a summer and winter in the mountains, lived there for a whole year, miss it. Our House in Crested Butte has been in our family for more than 30 years so we always have a place to stay
proudaggie02
AG
Bump for anyone looking for a summer golf trip.
Sooner Born
I will trade you some brisket for your condo.

That Vail pic looks like you got rained on about 10 minutes later.
proudaggie02
AG
^
Deal! 2 pounds per night, plus ribs.
Kjodie
Got a place that sleeps 8?
Chipotlemonger
AG
Breckenridge
cadetjay02
AG
We took our boys in July a couple years ago, outstanding trip. Never got out of the 60's in July. I've forwarded this to the wife for consideration.
proudaggie02
AG
quote:
Got a place that sleeps 8?

No, it only sleeps 5: 2 on queen bed, 1 on small bed, and 2 on large futon (just under queen size).
proudaggie02
AG
quote:
We took our boys in July a couple years ago, outstanding trip. Never got out of the 60's in July. I've forwarded this to the wife for consideration.

Cool. If you guys are interested, feel free to make an inquiry on VRBO, PM me, or just respond here.... and I'll let you know what price I can give you for the days you're interested.
proudaggie02
AG
Bump, in case anyone is interested in making a trip to Breckenridge this summer.
montegobay
Old School Brother
what are the weekend rates at those courses?
proudaggie02
AG
montegobay- I just sent you an email.
proudaggie02
AG
quote:
what are the weekend rates at those courses?
Most of those courses will be $75-100 in May/June/September & $90-130 in July/August. However, you can find deals online for a couple of them. I've played Eagle Vail about 5 times, and it's always been $55-65 on weekend afternoons.
AustinCountyAg
Bumping this thread. I could not get the link to work on my phone to contact your proudag about availability and a few questions. Can you leave your email?

TIA
Mr.Bond
AG
Looks freaking amazing
proudaggie02
AG
breckloftds@yahoo.com
proudaggie02
AG
Thanks Mr. Bond.

I'm happy to answer any questions. I rent it for really cheap in the summer, and it's a great spot for a guys golf trip.
cadetjay02
AG
I took the fam to Breckinridge a few years ago, about time to go back. I'll contact you about a summer booking in a couple months.
proudaggie02
AG
^
Sounds good.
proudaggie02
AG
I'm bumping this thread in case anyone is interested in a trip to Breck this spring/summer. I'll offer a TexAgs discount, and I can bring down the price some more if you pay me directly (ie- avoid the service fees charged by VRBO and Airbnb). I'll offer significant discounts on Monday - Thursday nights.

The few Aggies that have stayed at my place have liked it a lot. There are some really nice courses within a 20-minute drive: Breckenridge, Keystone River & Ranch, Raven Golf Club at 3 Peaks. Also, there are many more within 30-60 minutes: the Vail courses, Beaver Creek, Copper Mountain course, and the Red Sky courses. Also, there are multiple great fishing spots 10-30 minutes, as well as Maggie's Pond (pic below, 150-yard walk) and the Dredge pond at the base of our building (there's a fishing/license store 100 yards from my place).

https://www.vrbo.com/654607

proudaggie02
AG

CapCityAg89
AG
Hey proud - I might be interested. My wife works for Alaska Air so it would be sort of last minute and Saturday to Monday weekend. Do you think we could get creative?

Side question: do I have to drive the ball 350 to play the nearby courses?
Wicked Good Ag
Same here. What would be avilability and price for three weekdays in late July ?
proudaggie02
AG
Cap- That definitely helps, but some of the locals frown upon the big ball. I learned pretty quick that mountain golf is a different beast, and accuracy is usually the name of the game. I'm flexible for last-minute trips, assuming my place is available. Weekends usually go first, but you never know. Just let me know if you figure out some dates.

Wicked Good Ag- I currently have those nights at $120-130 on VRBO and Airbnb, but I can do $90/night plus the extras (cleaning is $75; taxes are 12.28%). If you pay me directly, it would be $387.36.... which is $152 less than the regular rate on VRBO. If you pay through VRBO, it would be about $425 because of the service fee charged by VRBO.

My place is booked the nights of July 16-22, but the weeks before and after that are available. Please let me know if you want to book. Also, I can drop the price $5-10/night if it's within 2-3 weeks of your desired dates.
Wicked Good Ag
Let me talk to daughter who is living in Palo Alto to me us

Would probably be looking at early mid July like the three or four days before you have it booked already
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.