Will Anyone Be in Kingsland This Weekend?

2,293 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by XpressAg09
XpressAg09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'll be playing Legends on Lake LBJ this Saturday and am always looking for other folks to get a round in with.
Looking to play Saturday morning; should be good weather.
XpressAg09
AG
mt3950
AG
Fun course. Did a stay and play there a few years back with some buddies.
XpressAg09
AG
My in laws have a house on the 2nd tee. Definitely feel like it's under-appreciated in the area. Never had any issues with patches (except for one of the holes on the back 9 that's a popular deer crossing) and the green fees are really reasonable.
Hanrahan
AG
That course has had its ups and way way downs. ID be ok with never playing it again and I've played it probably 30x from back when it first opened. Course itself is decent. Management leaves a lot to be desired. If you are gonna have time for multiple rounds make sure you head over to burnet and play Delaware springs.
stick93
AG
I'm pretty sure Legends is under new ownership. In the fall I was told by a Delaware Springs guy that it was in the best shape he'd ever seen it. Either way , it is a good layout for the price you will probably pay.
PineAg
When I was in HS we played a course in Kingsland called Packsaddle Pass. Is it still there? That's been over 30 years ago.
Hanrahan
AG
Packsaddle was purchased by a west tx oil guy and renamed lighthouse. They rerouted the back nine usin some new land in the process and it's actually a pretty decent track after getting off to a rocky start resulting in sand greens for a while. He also spent a large sum of money building an actual lighthouse for some bizarre reason. My first experience with the game was the old packsaddle back in the mid 80s running around watching the grown ups play this goofy game in ugly clothes.
XpressAg09
AG
quote:
I'm pretty sure Legends is under new ownership.

We've only had the house for two years and Legends has never been anything less than what I'd consider pretty good golfing.

Like I said, never had any issues with patchiness other than the deer congregation area on one of the holes on the back 9.
XpressAg09
AG
I've searched other golf courses in the area and this website has got to be less than 6 months old.
http://www.lighthousecountryclub.com/
Westicles
AG
Last time I played out there the new ownership seemed to be driving it into the ground. It was in terrible shape. Please report back with conditions! I've played there no less than 50 times and love the course but have been making the longer drive to Delaware Springs lately when I play out there.
Cowboy Curtis
AG
I play Lighthouse quite a bit. Neat track and well kept. You can find $9.99 tee times on golfnow on weekends. My inlaws have a place nearby.
XpressAg09
AG
quote:
Please report back with conditions!

I was quite satisfied with the $45ish greens fees (included balls).

The one hole that usually has green issues still did (#14 I believe) but it wasn't dramatic. Greens everywhere else were fine. I was a single and caught up to two groups of seniors (both had wimmenz) and neither of them were in any particular rush to get to their tee box...and neither was willing to let me play through, which sucked.

Worst part of the day was the fact that I played terribly, but I'd imagine y'all would enjoy it so long as you avoid the olds.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.