Masters Ticket Question

3,411 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by weeza
grayaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm part of a group of 4 who are planning to attend the master. We have 2 tickets for the Thursday round and are looking to split the cost of 2 tickets between us. Is our best option to purchase tickets/badges from a online broker such as Stubhub or is it possible to gamble and scalp cheaper tickets once we get to Augusta? If anyone has had any experience scalping tickets at Augusta I am curious how much you paid and if there was a large supply of tickets available around the venue?
Chipotlemonger
AG
Been answered before on this board
Chipotlemonger
AG
tough to understand the grammar.

It's real risky to scalp around there.
Ag_07
AG
I have no idea what you're trying to do.

However, it seems kinda last minute to be figuring this out now.
zebco
Sounds like he has two tickets and he's trying to find two more.

I've never been so I don't know the answer, but maybe this will clear it up for suggestions.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
I have no idea what you're trying to do.

However, it seems kinda last minute to be figuring this out now.

Yea with 4 people why didn't y'all figure it out sooner?
jj9000
AG
Dear grayaggie,

I am Mr. paul agabi, a Lawyer by profession. I am the personal attorney to Mr. Charles , a national of your country, who used to work with Chevron Oil Exploration Company in Nigeria, herein after shall be referred to as my client.

I have made several enquiries to your embassy to locate any of my clients extended relatives. This has proved unsuccessful. I came to know about you through an enquiry I was making in the internet, and I found out you shared the same surname with my client, which is why I have decided to contact you, in order to assist in repatriating the money and property left behind by my client before they get confiscated or declared unserviceable by the bank.

Particularly, in a local commercial bank here where the deceased had an account valued at about US$ 15.5 Million Dollars, has issued me a notice to provide the next of kin or have the account confisticated within the next ten official working days.

Since i have been unsuccessful in locating the relatives for over 2 years now I seek your consent to present you as the next of kin of the deceased since you have the same last name so that the proceeds of this account valued at US$15.5 Million Dollars can be paid to you and then you and me can share the money, on the ratio of 50% for me, and 50% for you.

I have all necessary legal documents that can be used to back up any claim we may make. All I require is your honest co-operation to enable us see this business through. I guarantee that this will be executed under a legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any breach of the law.

Please get in touch with me by email and send to me your telephone and fax numbers to enable us discuss further about the details of this transaction.

Best regards, Mr. paul agabi.
TexAgs Legend
Unfortunately, for just about any question that is golf-related, the TexAgs golf board is the single worst place you can go for information. I wish I could help you... my reading comprehension is above a 4th grade level so I understand what you're asking, but I have no experience with Masters tickets other than having my application rejected every year. Good luck.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Lolol I'm pretty sure we all got what he was trying to say, the point is, he said it pretty terribly.
Ag_07
AG
Here's why it's confusing.

quote:
I'm part of a group of 4 who are planning to attend the master.
The what??

quote:
We have 2 tickets for the Thursday round and are looking to split the cost of 2 tickets between us.
What does this even mean? What exactly is he looking for? And what does splitting have to do with where to find tickets? Just a jumbled mess of words
TexAgs Legend
Marauder Blue 6
AG
Four guys are going to the Masters on Thursday. They currently have two tickets and need two more. They want to buy two more tickets and split the cost amongst all four guys. Is it that hard to understand?
Old School Brother
splitting the cost of the tickets has no bearing on where to find the tickets. why should we care who is paying for the tickets? it could've been left out of the question.
Chipotlemonger
AG
No it's not, but you have to turn off the idiot filter to even decipher it.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Golf board? More like Grammar board!

Love it.
grayaggie
Thank you Chipotlemonger forproviding no valuable insight to acquiring Masters tickets. I do apologize for any grammar mistakes andif the post was hard to understand. However, I was not looking for any smart ass comments or generalplanning / preparation advice. I amsimply asking if anyone has any knowledge on purchasing Masters Tickets. Is our best option to purchase them from anonline broker such as stubhub, or could we wait and scalp tickets once we get
there for a cheaper price? If anyone doeshave experience scalping tickets at the Masters I would like to know how much
you paid and how available the tickets are around the venue. Legitimate responses are greatly appreciatedso please refrain from getting yourself off by posting additional smart ass
comments.
proudaggie02
AG
quote:
Here's why it's confusing.

quote:
I'm part of a group of 4 who are planning to attend the master.
The what??

quote:
We have 2 tickets for the Thursday round and are looking to split the cost of 2 tickets between us.
What does this even mean? What exactly is he looking for? And what does splitting have to do with where to find tickets? Just a jumbled mess of words

I thought it was pretty easy to comprehend. I'll take a crack at a Twitter-type translation that often takes place on Premium.

"At the present time, my group of 4 gentlemen hereby possesses 2 tickets to the prestigious golf tournament in Georgia. After applying simple arithmetic, our group therefore lacketh 2 tickets. Our 2 tickets are for the round that shall take place betwixt the sun rising on Thursday morning and the sunset of Thursday evening. Shall our best option to procure 2 more tickets be to purchase them from Stubhub, or shall it be possible to scalpeth tickets once we arrive in the city named after Princess Augusta of Saxe-Gotha? I summon the assistance of any gentlemen that have obtained entry into this tournament by way of proffering currency to men who labor in the discipline of scalping tickets, in exchange for procurement of said tickets to enter the golf venue. I am intrigued to learn about the cost and supply of tickets."
Ag_07
AG
Hahaha!!! This is great.

Maybe it's that I'm a bit jealous I'm not getting to go to the master.

***I just saw he joined today and this was his first post. Welcome to the TA Golf board!! Don't let anyone know you like Tiger Woods or wear neon shirts and white belts. We hang folks for that here.
GIF Reactor
AG
OP, you might wind up saving money on the tickets if Tiger announces he isn't playing. Of course, Rory is still going for the career slam, so may be not.

I think a poster on here mentioned to search EBay at this time of the year, because the volunteers get some tickets around this time and look to unload them there.

Best of luck.
Ezra Brooks
AG
quote:
However, I was not looking for any smart ass comments or generalplanning / preparation advice.

quote:
Legitimate responses are greatly appreciatedso please refrain from getting yourself off by posting additional smart ass
comments.

Rookie
Yesterday
AG
Sometimes I wonder how people socialize in public with the way they act on these boards.
mongey donk
AG
quote:
please refrain from getting yourself off by posting additional smart ass
comments.
stick93
AG
What a sad thread. OP was easy to comprehend and you guys **** all over a really simple thread. It's been covered before? OK, link it for the guy. Why didn't he plan better? Maybe his boss just gave him two tickets last night.

OP, the consensus has always been that tickets are pretty easy to come by outside the gates. But scalping is illegal so it can be risky. If it were me I'd agree on a max try to find them online and use the scalping route as a backup plan.

And sorry for the board police.
Old School Brother
OP was dumb #O-face
Chipotlemonger
AG
Sorry OP I forget that this isn't the zoo.
Ag_07
AG
Lighten up fellas

And no we're not all deeks in real life we just like to have some fun and bust some balls on here. You guys all sound like a blast!!

jj9000
AG
quote:
Lighten up fellas

And no we're not all deeks in real life we just like to have some fun and bust some balls on here.
g_werch
AG
The REAL Masters...

g_werch
AG
I went to the Masters last year and there were plenty of vendors selling tickets down the main strip. I thought the only rule was that you couldn't resell them near the course. If I remember correctly, a ticket for Thursday was in the $850 - $1200 range the day of the tournament.
Ags77
AG
There will be a lot of guys selling out on Washington Road. They wont be cheap, and you have to be a little more discreet theses days, because the law is making it tougher on them.

Cant wait to get there in a couple weeks.

I always get a couple of Wednesday practice round badges from the scalpers late Wednesday afternoon, to take some pictures. You can get them cheap after 3:00 or so.

The badges for tournament play are gonna be high dollar. I have never bought those because I get my Masters badges free, but they will be on Washington selling them all week.
Ags77
AG
To answer your question on the price for badges? Yes, they will be a little cheaper than Stub Hub. Probably in the 1k range for Thursday badges.
weeza
AG
It would be best to be a member.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.