Wow. Wow. Wow, but...

3,572 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by att hello
att hello
How long do you want to ignore this user?
At least I wasn't at the office:

I guess I can at least blame this crappy round on the weather.
ORAggieFan
I wish I could play near that well.
att hello
quote:
I wish I could play near that well.

It was pretty depressing. There were a few good shots, lots of bad shots and a lot of missed opportunities. It doesn't matter what you shoot, it's what you're used to shooting, and having a bad round. With that said, there are always a few shots that keep us content with the game.
birdman
At least you are getting practice for drawing squares...
att hello
quote:
At least you are getting practice for drawing squares...

Ain't that the damn depressing truth.
att hello
And my squares and writing in general still suck.
Yesterday
AG
why do I get the feeling that's a really good round that you played off as bad?
att hello
quote:
why do I get the feeling that's a really good round that you played off as bad?

Nah. The last few weeks I've been picking up my boy early from school and taking him golfing. Yeah, he has a dip, but it's hard to correct a four year old. Anyway, last week, with him, I just missed shooting one under. I had an eagle on 18 from about 19 feet and three putted for a par. That was a painful round, but much better than today. Today, the score card looked like crap and I didn't have my little sidekick.

We can type or alter anything, but I am being dead honest about my golfing woes.

Yesterday
AG
Got a left on your hands! 82 is a decent round in my book, sorry you had to perfect so many right angles on your card.
AustinCountyAg
I feel your pain. I played 9 yesterday and sucked it up after playing fairly well this past Saturday.....I feel like I was getting better and playing good, then yesterday happened. Very frustrating
mavsfan4ever
AG
Haha subtle brags in this thread...
jj9000
AG
How could I possibly Bogie a Par 3 that's less than 120 yards?

Said every single person in this Forum at some point.
Bunk Moreland
82 and you finished with a birdie? Nice humblebrag, jackass.

I was pissed with my 107 and 1 par on the card over the weekend.
Boo Weekley
I went to the range last night and was all over the place. A lot of shanks and partial shanks. It was so frustrating and I felt like I had never swung a club in my life. Then hammered a few out with my driver and went back to a 9 iron and started making better contact as I remembered to keep my arms somewhat relaxed. Cruel game
agracer
AG
my instructor constantly reminds me " golf always wins"
Unemployed
AG
quote:
How could I possibly Bogie a Par 3 that's less than 120 yards?

Said every single person in this Forum at some point.
I've always had the most trouble with short par 3's. Maybe it's just mental with being over-confident and thinking that shorter means easier.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Last 5 holes look good. Like you said- better than being at work.
cevans_40
AG
Why do you always play 18 (or whatever your last hole may be) great at the end of a crappy round? I swear I hate golf and how it always gives you just enough hope to keep coming back
Yesterday
AG
I like to call those holes my expensive holes! They're a money pit.
Chipotlemonger
AG
I hear you man.

Hit one of my best approaches on a long par 5 after a terrible round swinging the ball. Best high cut I've ever hit, just nutted the hell out of a 5i and it kept me wanting to play more.
Chipotlemonger
AG
And yes 5i approach on a par 5....had a few bad shots before that on the same hole
2ndGen87
AG
Tiger, is that you?
att hello
quote:
Tiger, is that you?

On 7, I hit a chip like he's been hitting them. I am hitting three from about 30 out and flub it. Went from a birdie hole to a par.
att hello
Ragoo
AG
6000 yd course bragging, well done op.
Jeff Schmahl
I do not feel your pain...only envy. It was 20 degrees in NYC with 3 inches of snow. We'll be lucky to see the grass before April.
STL_aTm
AG
Those feels... I have them. Played yesterday & worked my ass off to shoot 10 over on the front.. Then turned it around and went 3 over on the back with a bogey on 17 & double on 18 (talk about frusturating). Strangely enough, the back is a whole lot harder than the front. Sucks to struggle so bad on the front and ruin a score before its even started.
att hello
quote:
6000 yd course bragging, well done op.

7000+ from the tips, and again, I am sure as heck not bragging about a bogey fest.
att hello
quote:
I do not feel your pain...only envy. It was 20 degrees in NYC with 3 inches of snow. We'll be lucky to see the grass before April.

It's been cold but there is always a nice day or two to get a round in. Yup, any day on the course is a good day.
att hello
quote:
Those feels... I have them. Played yesterday & worked my ass off to shoot 10 over on the front.. Then turned it around and went 3 over on the back with a bogey on 17 & double on 18 (talk about frusturating). Strangely enough, the back is a whole lot harder than the front. Sucks to struggle so bad on the front and ruin a score before its even started.

You just never know. It's such an unpredictable game.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.