Cancun Golf

1,114 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by leachfan
79TAMU79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Heading to the Aqua Live Resort in May. Anyone have any recommendations? Should I take my clubs?
klockness
AG
I didn't golf when I was down there on my honeymoon a few years ago but I looked into it. There was a course I could play for "free" included with the resort we stayed at. I drove by the course and it didn't look like anything special kind of like a typical muni from what I could see. By the time I rented clubs, and payed for a cart it was like $60 - 100. Not expensive but I wasn't willing to do it for rentals and a course that looked just OK on my honeymoon.

Long story short bring your clubs if you know your going to play golf especially if you're playing more than one round. I'm sure there are some nice courses down there so I'd call the resort or some courses and ask about them ahead of time.
redsquirrelAG
AG
^^^
I would find out before hand the courses/prices to rent clubs. If you really plan on playing more than twice, the cost of renting clubs vs taking them with/checking them/hauling them around the airports, etc is a desicion you have to make. I took mine with me to St. Lucia and played three times so it ended up being worth it, but its definately a pain in the ass to drag your clubs with you.
Gigem6589
I went in November, played Mayakoba and Grand Coral. Both were great but i would definitely play Mayakoba, $200 a round plus they had a free shuttle that came and picked us up at our hotel. Grand Coral was in great shape but the course isn't on the water and no shuttle pickup so you have to take a cab. I took my clubs, had no issue.
leachfan
Definitely play Mayakoba if you can. There was a $130 deal on golf now when I was there in December. Also, Playacar Golf Club is where I usually play. I love that course and the pro is a good dude. I've played a couple of rounds with him over the years and his name is Aidan. Playacar is a narrow track though and one of the toughest I've played.

BigAg_12
AG
Headed there over Labor Day. "Free" round at Playas Mujeres Golf Club. Taking my clubs and looking to play one other course. I am staying near the Playas Mujeres Course. Is this Mayakoba close by? Have heard good things about Moon Bay...
79TAMU79
AG
Played the Riviera in April and enjoyed it. It is next to the airport and cost $90 including Callaway XHot 2 rental club set through our hotel. It is a Jack Nichlaus design and was pretty nice for such a low price. Not too long and a lot of water with gators and other wildlife. The green fee was all inclusive for drinks off of the beer cart, snacks and lunch. It was not crowded at all and we quickly played. Sorry, I did not get to play any other courses but I would definitely go back to this course again.
leachfan
Hillcountry Ag

I looked up Playa Mujeras Golf Club and it is north of Cancun. That's pretty far from most of the courses mentioned, as they are all south. I think Mayakoba would be about an hour away. Riviera, the Nicklaus course mentioned, would be the closest to you. Also, Moon Palace would be a lot closer than Mayakoba.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.