Looking to buy my first set of clubs.....

682 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Chipotlemonger
btalking
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ready to buy my first set. I've played about half a dozen times borrowing clubs and have enjoyed playing to the point I am ready to make a purchase. Here are a couple things I have noticed in the few times I have played. Don't really care for a driver yet. Doesn't seem like I can "feel" the club through the swing, like it's too light. I didn't feel this way about any of the hybrids or irons. Maybe the big head on the driver is a bit intimidating, too. I did enjoy playing with the hybrids. The folks that I have played with say I have a good swing, which I guess is encouraging. By no means would I consider myself a golfer, but I'd like to learn.

Any insight on a good first set to purchase would be appreciated. I live in North Houston and will probably look to purchase somewhere on this side of town. Thanks in advance for the comments. I'm a lefty in my mid 30s if that means anything.

AustinCountyAg
Go to golfsmith and hit some of the used super game improvement sets. Purchase whichever ones you hit the best
Txroper
AG
Go to Golfsmith in the woodlands and talk to some of their salespeople. Hit some of their used clubs and find something you are comftable with.
AustinCountyAg
I've got some callaway diablo's that are consider SGImprovment as mentioned above. They have served me well. I purchased used from golfsmith few years ago
birdman
I'd definitely focus on left handed clubs...
Boo Weekley
Nvmd didn't see you were a lefty
bmcghee03
AG
I'm a lefty also and had great experience with my first set of Adams GT Xtreme 2's...they are older now but Adams in general makes a pretty good beginners set imo
btalking
AG
thank you all for the replies and comments.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Welcome.

Please see the "F Golf" thread. Prepare yourself.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.