MASTERS TICKETS HAVE ARRIVED!....but now I cannot go - Taking offers

3,438 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Biggame12
TrueAg86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
First, I was LUCKY enough to be selected for two badges for Friday's competition round (April 10th) at this year's Masters Tournament. The package arrived yesterday! Attending this prestigious event has always been a bucket list item for me. I was planning to take my 15 year old son.

But THEN...I just learned that my office is having a major event in New York that requires my attendance from April 9-13. So it looks like it was not to be for me - at least not this year.

So, the question becomes, who gets the tickets? I would love for a fellow Ag to have a shot at them before I list them for sale to the general public. I will monitor your responses but will not respond to ridiculous offers. I know what they're worth. For you die-hard TexAgs golfers out there, what's your offer? Let the madness begin...
redsquirrelAG
Icecream_Ag
S
1 Dollar Bob

oh wrong game nevermind.
JYDog90
AG
$2
powerbelly
AG
$3.50
Mr.Bond
AG
To be fair why don't you list as least what you'd like to get for them
booradley
AG
Id give you $400 each if I can buy them today to be able to give as a gift tomorrow
Ag_07
AG
quote:
I will monitor your responses but will not respond to ridiculous offers. I know what they're worth. For you die-hard TexAgs golfers out there, what's your offer? Let the madness begin...

Not many know how much they're worth so until you give some kind of idea all you'll get is ridiculous responses. But hey...At least you don't have to respond!
TrueAg86
AG
Here's a link to tickets currently available on various open market websites:

Masters golf tickets

I'm not saying I expect to match those prices, but at least it should give you guys a better idea for current market value. And don't be fooled by the listings under $300 - those are for access to the hospitality tents only and do NOT include admission to the tournament.
DadAG10
Asking price does not equal market value.
Unemployed
AG
So you will sell them for $2600 or a bit less.

That ain't hard, is it?
GIF Reactor
AG
I hope you're not the guy who backed out on our deal for Friday round tickets. I had bought a pair of tickets to the Friday round off a listing on the Classifieds board from a guy who was going to NYC for work. He backed out after we agreed to a price and I had sent him a deposit, because he saw online that he could probably get more. To his credit, his buddy (who was acting as the ticket broker) did refund my deposit.

If it is not you, just be careful and don't count your chickens until the eggs hatch.
Unemployed
AG
This is gonna be interesting....
G-Town Cracker
Mr.Bond
proudaggie02
AG
Lots of popcorn
powerbelly
AG
In with some popcorn.
Nom de Plume
AG
2k for the pair would be a fair offer considering the fees required if you sell them through a broker.

But to the more interesting story: what are the odds that two different posters on the same site have very similar circumstances?
aggiebrother33
$500 per badge is what you can buy them for in Augusta...at least it was wen I went a few years back
Marauder Blue 6
AG
LeFraud
proudaggie02
AG
^
proudaggie02
AG
How much is a tourney round ticket if you get drawn by the Masters website?
Nom de Plume
AG
$100
Biggame12
AG
All of those Ticket broker sites that show $1350 etc charge you $250 a ticket Service Charge....
TrueAg86
AG
quote:
I hope you're not the guy who backed out on our deal for Friday round tickets. I had bought a pair of tickets to the Friday round off a listing on the Classifieds board from a guy who was going to NYC for work. He backed out after we agreed to a price and I had sent him a deposit, because he saw online that he could probably get more. To his credit, his buddy (who was acting as the ticket broker) did refund my deposit.
I hate that happened to you, but it definitely was NOT me. I am happy to prove that or you could just compare our profiles or search our posting history to verify.

And Biggame12, you're right - the service charges on many of those websites are absurd. Hopefully I can come to an agreeable price with a Good Ag and avoid those charges. Based on what's I have seen elsewhere and the local offers I have received thus far, I'm thinking around a grand apiece would probably get it done.
cheeky
AG
quote:
I would love for a fellow Ag to have a shot at them before I list them for sale to the general public. I will monitor your responses but will not respond to ridiculous offers. I know what they're worth. For you die-hard TexAgs golfers out there, what's your offer? Let the madness begin...

If you want maximum dollars, list them for sale to the general public. If you intend to discount them below current online market prices for a TexAgs golfer as you seem to imply, just post your asking price. No reason this can't be a win-win but your approach could be better. Good luck!
Biggame12
AG
I bought 2 off of Texags for $1000 a piece. May need 2 more. Will let you know.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.