Ping G30 Driver... low spin

2,522 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by ORAggieFan
booradley
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I encourage you guys to go hit this club...

4 of the 8 guys I play with have purchased one in the last 3 weeks....

all of us swear its the longest and easiest to hit drivers we've ever owned...

just sharing...
03_Aggie
That's interesting. The instructor I work with just bought one and was hitting it and his Anser the other day when I stopped by to chat. He said he was still producing better numbers with his Anser than he was with the G30.

He did say that the G30 has a more forgiving face for off center hits so i guess that is where us mere mortals will notice a bigger difference. Probably less of an upgrade for those that tend to live in the sweet spot anyways.
dbtexasag05
Still love my i20.

That G30 had a weird sound and looking at the "tubulators" bothered the hell out of me. I am 20 yards longer off the tee than with the G30.

jj9000
AG
YouTube has some really cool side by side launch monitor bakeoffs using the normal G30 and the G30LS.

Mark Crossfield and Rick Shiels each have comparison videos.

BTW...both Crossfield and Shiels have really good YouTube channels.

Edit...no idea how popcorn showed up...but I guess its fitting.
Yesterday
AG
I hit the g30 but nothing touches my g15. I switched to a R1 for a few rounds, but I went and begged for the g15 to take me back.

And not to poop on your thread because the g-30 is awesome like most Ping drivers!
AgPrognosticator
AG
g-series drivers are amazing. I've definitely vouched for them a dozen times or so on this board.
Prior22
AG
I'll second the G30LS Tec love. Didn't think there was anything that could beat my G30, but I picked up an LS anyway a few weeks ago and was blown away. About 365 rpm (on average) less spin with the club and noticed a more penetrating flight as well. Went from hitting bombs to bullets.
cab595
I hit an anser now but still think the Ping rapture v2 is the best driver I ever owned.
ORAggieFan
What spin rate are you getting with the LS?
proudaggie02
AG
I'm pumped to try the G30 LS. I have an old school R9 SuperTri & an RBZ2 on a really heavy Matrix RUL (D8 per the club maker). I've been playing the R9 because I love the versatility, but I've been spinning it like crazy. The RBZ2 is deep but it's like hitting a brick.
jakeaggie84
AG
It's time for me to get a new driver. It's been about 7 years. Anyways, last year I went to a demo day and really like the g25 and the titliest913d2. With the new versions out and these going on sale, would you recommend last years model or the new ones?
ORAggieFan
Hit them and compare. Only you can decide if the cost difference is worth it to you.

I'd hit the i25 as well (and a few others), great price now.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.