Golf Etc- katy

3,578 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by AustinCountyAg
AustinCountyAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Heard they are closing. Anyone been before? Any closing sales?
mt3950
AG
They are telling people they are "moving" but they haven't found a new location yet. Yes, everything in the store is on sale. Everything.
Mr.Bond
AG
Worked for golf etc in CS before it closed. That franchise as a whole hasn't really done well. The one humble does ok but overall golfsmith and the Internet are killing these smaller shops. Unfortunately
AustinCountyAg
quote:
They are telling people they are "moving" but they haven't found a new location yet. Yes, everything in the store is on sale. Everything.
is it just 10-20% off, or we talking 50% and better?
mt3950
AG
quote:
quote:
is it just 10-20% off, or we talking 50% and better?

Depends on what you want. All apparel is "buy one get one free" clubs are marked down anywhere from 20-40% off...they're basically telling you to make them an offer. March 31 is the last day they're open, so I'm sure the closer we get to that date, the more they'll negotiate.
Brick Tamland
quote:
Worked for golf etc in CS before it closed. That franchise as a whole hasn't really done well. The one humble does ok but overall golfsmith and the Internet are killing these smaller shops. Unfortunately

I miss golf etc in College Station
mt3950
AG
^ worked there for three years from 01-04. Awesome place to work while in school...had a great time
98Ag99Grad
AG
The one in Pearland is still going strong but yes, overall as a franchise, they've done poorly.
mt3950
AG
went in there again today and it's a little picked over but the deals are pretty good. Picked up a daddy long legs 2.0 putter for $139 (normally $249) and a new pair of oakleys that were 40% off of retail. Might want to go check it out if you're in the area.
Mr.Bond
AG
Damn I need to get out there. Long drive from league city though
mt3950
AG
Lots of putters left marked anywhere from 20% off all the way down to 50-60% off.
mt3950
AG
All clothes are Buy one get one free.
Mr.Bond
AG
Ok I may be going tomorrow lol
Mr.Bond
AG
What's the address
mt3950
AG
Not sure exactly. Their official name is Golf Etc - West Houston. They're at I10 and Kingsland, south of the interstate in Katy.
AustinCountyAg
How is their shoe selection and hat selection?
mt3950
AG
Tons of hats...I didn't pay too much attn to them because I have a bunch already though. Same with shoes. Still plenty to choose from. They range from $60 for $100-ish retail shoes to $115 for $200-ish retail shoes.
jakeaggie84
AG
All clothes are buy one get one free. Have some nice a&m ping pullovers that I was looking at. All wedges $89.....
jakeaggie84
AG
They have a taylor made slider driver I might get. Price isn't that much better than discount, but they have the heavy shaft I can't find anywhere else.
Hotdog Hamblin
AG
Decent selection of fairway woods? Thinking of making the trip out.
Mr.Bond
AG
Headed there today
AustinCountyAg
thinking of heading that way as well today, although I really don't NEED anything. However, I WANT some new shoes and a new pullover/sweater

and a new putter, and driver
Mr.Bond
AG
Just left. Honestly the best deal is the clothing and accessories. They don't have a titleist account so u struck out there. The clubs and balls truly aren't that great of a deal imo. But definitely go for the clothes, it's clearly been picked through but there were tons of clothes left
Mr.Bond
AG
Snagged a really nice A&M ping pullover
AustinCountyAg
quote:
Snagged a really nice A&M ping pullover
how much?
Mr.Bond
AG
$69 buy it was buy one get one free
Mr.Bond
AG
Meaning any clothing item of equal or lesser value
AustinCountyAg
went yesterday after work. Clothes were somewhat picked over as already said, but still a fairly good amount of clubs and shoes/hats left.....I'm planning on going back in a couple weeks and seeing if I can get a steal on a new putter.
AustinCountyAg
Went back yesterday and got a used taylor made hybrid for ten bucks
mt3950
AG
Gonna head back up there tomorrow afternoon. I'll let you know what's left.
mt3950
AG
Starting to get pretty picked over and the deals aren't THAT great unless you are looking for shoes or clothes. I'm gonna go back at the end of the month to see if they have any blowout deals.

I did confirm that the store will not be reopening. Jeremiah (the manager?) said he is opening a driving range by lake Conroe and will take some demo inventory with him up there.

AustinCountyAg
Went back last night. Wife got some shoes and skirt. I agree that the deals aren't as good as I'd hope they would be right now
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.