******Golf Shoes******

8,644 Views | 75 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Chipotlemonger
AustinCountyAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What brand do you wear?

What style?

Why?

Price?

Lets discuss what we wear......

I currently have a pair of leather addidas that I got at golfsmith 4ish years ago on clearance. They are still holding up well, and I like the fact they are waterproof but they get somewhat hot during the summer months, and I'm currently in the market for something more hot weather appropriate. What do ya'll suggest? Not wanting to spend a crap ton of money either
Aggie1391

I wear these cause I like how they look and found them for 55 bucks. Had them about a year now and the only bad things that's happened is I lost 2 spikes. Definitely going to buy them again if I can find them at that price.
voorheesdn
AG
I have a pair of Ecco Biom spikeless that are great and just picked up the new FootJoy Hyperflex. Both are amazing comfortable and gives me one soft spike, one spikeless option. Would highly recommend both.
AustinCountyAg
can someone give me some details on the spikeless shoes these days? I saw a pair of addidas ones at academy that are spikeless, however they look like regular running shoes basically. Also the ecco are popular ones as well. what the difference between spikes and no spikes? How well do they work when the grass is wet?
AgDotCom
I walk most of the time and buy my shoes accordingly.

I have two pair of Ecco Biom hybrid shoes, which I love.

Last summer I picked up a pair of the Adidas Tech Response shown below just for grins. I have to admit these are better for me most of the time because of the air flow, they are much cooler on hot summer days. Really like them, they are excellent shoes for me. I'll wear the Eccos if the course is wet.

powerbelly
AG
Ecco Biom Hybrid
DannyDuberstein
AG
Big fan of the Footjoy Contour Casuals. I've got 2 pair (below). At least for me, they are as comfortable as anything I've worn, and I think I managed to get each one for $70ish. I've always been a Footjoy guy. They just seem to fit my feet right. I wore eComforts for YEARS.

I play in the early morning a lot and the dew and remaining water from overnight watering can be heavy, so I need shoes that are waterproof (the mesh tennis shoe style doesn't work for me). I haven't had issues with these spikes slipping.

Unemployed
AG
Nike FI Impact.

cevans_40
AG
Just bought these about 3 weeks ago. Best golf shoes I have ever had so far, and I have 2 pair of ecco biom hybrids as well.
AustinCountyAg
whats the advantages/disadvantages of spikeless? I'm trying to decide if I should go with a new pair with spikes or without? Currently I have spikes
stick93
AG
I wear spikeless Crocs. Not the best looking shoes I've owned but they are, by far, the most comfortable. Regardless of style/brand I will never go back to spikes. I like the comfort, no spikes to worry about replacing, and you can wear them anywhere(even to drive).
Matsui
AG
Footjoy FJ Sport
powerbelly
AG
quote:
whats the advantages/disadvantages of spikeless?
For me personally, the only disadvantage of spike-less is that you cannot replace the spikes when they wear down.

I don't have any issues with slipping or not having enough traction.

They are more comfortable than other shoes I have tried, especially when walking.

Edit to add: I will play in running shoes when it it dry and spike-less when it is wet.
DannyDuberstein
AG
As mentioned, spikeless tend to be more comfortable.

Downsides would be the lack of replacement, but my experience has been that I wear the rest of the shoe out at about the same rate of the "nubs". At least in my FJ's, those nubs hold up very well. However, I am careful not to wear them excessively on concrete. I could see slippage as a possible issue for someone that might have a more violent swing, but I haven't had an issue and I take a pretty good rip. The other issue I've noticed is that the spikless nubs do tend to leave a litte more of a temporary indentation on the green. I don't think it's an issue, but there is a bit of a grid left temporarily if the green is soft enough.
Gaucho
AG
Footjoy Contour Casuals
jj9000
AG
Footjoy Dryjoys Casual

Boo Weekley
Huge fan of these FJ Contour Casuals. Have the white ones and the navy blue ones. I do a lot of walking and these are heaven on my feet. Bought some Ecco's, and while they were extremely comfortable just standing around, or playing a round in a cart, they were not good to my feet when i walked 18. I have high arches and these shoes are awesome for walkers.

antman8504
AG
Love the look new Lunars from nike posted above. Dont have them, but I have heard good things.

I still wear my TW '13s. Love those shoes so much. Most comfortable pair of golf shoes I have ever had. Before I started wearing these, I would love to take off my golf shoes after playing -- now my feet feel fine even after walking the course. You can still get that shoe on ebay for less than 100.

Was not a big fan of the Tw14 look, but I am sure they are just as comfortable as the 13s and I have seen them selling for 70 bucks since the tw15 came out recently.
tamu2009
AG
footjoy dry casual +1

love them
boy09
AG
quote:
Last summer I picked up a pair of the Adidas Tech Response shown below just for grins. I have to admit these are better for me most of the time because of the air flow, they are much cooler on hot summer days. Really like them, they are excellent shoes for me. I'll wear the Eccos if the course is wet.

I have these same shoes, they're great. Cheap too, I think I paid like $65 last year.
AgDotCom
^
|

Yeah, I paid $49 for mine on sale. $130-150 for the Eccos, somewhere around there. I almost feel guilty wearing the Adidas more, they're not supposed to be this good if they're that cheap, right? The Eccos are great also, though....and a lot better looking IMO.
Ag pride
AG
quote:
Huge fan of these FJ Contour Casuals. Have the white ones and the navy blue ones. I do a lot of walking and these are heaven on my feet. Bought some Ecco's, and while they were extremely comfortable just standing around, or playing a round in a cart, they were not good to my feet when i walked 18. I have high arches and these shoes are awesome for walkers.

bagger05
AG
Glad this thread popped up since I'm about to go shoe shopping.

Considering that I'll be going to Scotland soon, I need something super comfortable to walk in and I'm guessing waterproof is also a big deal.

I've never had problems with my feet hurting because of spikes, but I don't think I've ever had shoes that won't give me hot spots if I walk two days in a row. Anybody else find something that conquers this problem?

Also looking for good recommendations on socks. A good sock won't necessarily save me from a hot spot, but a bad sock can all but guarantee that I'll get one.
Old Town Ag
AG
Hard to beat ECCO for quality.
flogmat
AG
I'm also happy to see this thread. I've been a FootJoy guy my entire life, but I can't argue with some folks who swear by Nike and Adidas comfort.

So, I'm interested to see from those who've worn both Nike and Adidas - which is more comfortable? I like the 360s above, but I've been looking heavily at Nike since their tennis shoes fit me perfectly.
BigHitterDaLama
Last years NikeLunar Control IIs.....Rorys shoe before the new release. EXTREMELY COMFORTABLE with more stability in the arch than this years III in my opinion. Also have some TW 2013s.....very comfortable as well.
boy09
AG
quote:
So, I'm interested to see from those who've worn both Nike and Adidas - which is more comfortable? I like the 360s above, but I've been looking heavily at Nike since their tennis shoes fit me perfectly.
Haven't worn Nike golf shoes, but I do wear nike tennis shoes, and the Adidas Tech Responses were a full size smaller for me (14 vs. 13) Had to send my first pair of Adidas back.
Aggie1391
I had Nike shows before I bought the tour 360s above. They were the ones that looked like tennis shows and had the rubber spikes. Maybe it was just me, but I was slipping 2-3 times per round on my swing. After that, I decided I need spikes.

The tour 360s are more comfortable than the Nike ones I previously had. Some of the other walking shoes people have posted are probably more comfortable, but I don't have any issues with my feet during or after the round.
1208HawkTree
AG
I have two pair of FootJoy Classics that I've had for nearly 10 years - one is basic white/brown croc saddles, and the others are white/black split toes.

Both "began" as Classics Tour models with the foam soles, but one pair had been resoled twice and I finally had them put leather soles on them when I sent them back the third time, so they are essentially Dry Premiers now.

I got a great deal on them through my brother's PUD when he was still teaching - less than $200 per pair.

I never walk, so I can't speak of the comfort when walking, but these are more comfortable than any other golf shows I've ever owned, and I've had a lot. Probably due to the narrow width that I needed, but never was able to find that in off the rack shoes over the years.

I will say, however, that my next pair will almost certainly be Eccos because I've started wearing some at work and I'm completely sold on them.
EastTexAg14
AG
I have been a die hard Footjoy Dry Joy tour fan. I recently got a pair of DNA's and can't wait to put 18 on them. By far the most comfortable and durable shoe on the market.
AustinCountyAg
how are the ecco and FJ casual shoes for summertime play? I would think they would make your feet hot?
Chipotlemonger
AG
Everything makes your feet hot during the summer.
powerbelly
AG
No noticable difference for me.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Not any warmer than any other leather upper golf shoe I've ever worn. That said, I'm sure they are probably a little warmer than the mesh tennis shoe style, but so would every other leather upper golf shoe.
AustinCountyAg
quote:
Everything makes your feet hot during the summer.
touche. which brings me to my next question. I hardly ever wear sneakers during the summer because I hate wearing socks because my feet get sweaty. I saw that some people wear the Eccos without socks? Is that by design? are their other shoes that are made to be wore without socks as well, or is that just certain players being hard@sses?
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.