$1000 Taylormade gift card for sale!

3,846 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Yesterday
Yesterday
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I won a gift card in a tournament and considering I buy all of my clubs used I figured I could get more value by selling the card and pocketing the cash. It's redeemable at taylormadegolf.com only. Looking at their prices they seem the same as golfsmith.

I'll start the bid at $1000 OBO. I can take PayPal, check or cash. Shipping is free.
ORAggieFan
$1
bagger05
AG
So you're starting the bidding for a $1000 gift card at $1000? Doesn't seem like a good value for the consumer.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
So you're starting the bidding for a $1000 gift card at $1000? Doesn't seem like a good value for the consumer.
Yesterday
AG
My bad! Bid doesn't work there. Guess I should have said "the asking price starts at $1000 OBO? Basically I know people want a deal so I'm asking $1000 but understand im going to sell it for less? Yall know what I mean dammit!
Diet Cokehead
AG
Damn, I was hoping I could pay you $1100.
datrixstunna
AG
$200
FormerLefty
AG
I believe your best value is going to be to just get some clubs that you want. You'll be surprised at how much/little value that has on the open market. Most golfers, much like yourself, aren't interested in paying list price from the manufacturer.

That said... $350
Yesterday
AG
True, but you can buy a set of irons on taylormadegolf.com and turn them into golfsmith for full credit. I'm thinking I may do that and sell the gift card to golfsmith if no one wants the Taylormade one. Only problem is I have to eat the tax.
LeFraud
Think I can watch Dustin Johnson run lines off Paulina's ass for $1000?

Seriously, will give you $500
cevans_40
AG
501 Bob
Chipotlemonger
AG
Yesterday
AG
$800 is the least I'll take. Thanks for the offers and ribbing!
irazoqui77
i can offer $700....?????
irazoqui77
I can offer $700 for the giftcard... Let me know
Yesterday
AG
Iraz, thanks for the offer, i'm sticking to $800 though. Anything less would defeat my purpose in selling it. Thanks though.
aginlakeway
AG
Since part of my job deals with the retail part of the golf business, I was very interested in where this thread would end up. I was guessing 700-750 or so.

A few of these cards have sold for 75% of full value on ebay.
ORAggieFan
Seems new clubs get better than 80% value being resold. Could you buy two R15s and sell them?
Yesterday
AG
These two sold for above 80%.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/400-TaylorMade-Golf-gift-card-/201243028649?pt=US_Gift_Certificates&hash=item2edb04eca9

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300-TaylorMade-Golf-gift-card-/201239867083?pt=US_Gift_Certificates&hash=item2edad4aecb

This is of course before ebay takes its cut. I'm probably going to throw it on ebay pretty soon to see what kind of bits I get. As you can tell i'm not exactly a motivated seller.
Yesterday
AG
quote:
Seems new clubs get better than 80% value being resold. Could you buy two R15s and sell them?
The only problem with that is that I have to eat 8.25% right off the top and that's before shipping and the excess loss if you don't max out your $1000.00. That said, i'm all for hearing suggestions on the best way to convert this bad boy into cash.
aginlakeway
AG
quote:
These two sold for above 80%.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/400-TaylorMade-Golf-gift-card-/201243028649?pt=US_Gift_Certificates&hash=item2edb04eca9

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300-TaylorMade-Golf-gift-card-/201239867083?pt=US_Gift_Certificates&hash=item2edad4aecb

This is of course before ebay takes its cut. I'm probably going to throw it on ebay pretty soon to see what kind of bits I get. As you can tell i'm not exactly a motivated seller.
You'll probably get $800 if you wait it out. Buying 2 new R15 drivers and re-selling them may end up getting you closer to $850. It all depends what your time is worth the make the extra bucks.

Me? I'd take a quick $750 cash offer and be done with it.

Good luck!
LeFraud
Unless I just really, really, really needed the cash...I'd just go on a shopping spree for shirts, pants, jackets, etc. Just load up on stuff you'd otherwise probably not purchase without a gift card. Just my .02.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Same
irazoqui77
ebay $800 - $200(fees) - %paypal fees = $550 more less
Yesterday
AG
quote:
ebay $800 - $200(fees) - %paypal fees = $550 more less

I would wager the gift card it's significantly more, but I do this for a living so.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.