Big Break

13,186 Views | 103 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by redsquirrelAG
watty
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
There is a ton of talent on the show, more than I can ever remember, but if anyone other than Robert wins, it will be an upset. He's the clear best, IMO. But as the elimination challenges keep showing, the best don't always win.
bagger05
AG
I think the only big upset would be if Clay were to pull it out. I agree that Robert looks like he is the best but Justin and Richy have both shown to be really good as well.
bagger05
AG
quote:
^^^^
Agreed. Clay is in over his head and knows it. It's not an excuse to have poor sportsmanship and be a dick though. He wonders why he is isolated.
He did say something profound on the episode last night. The other guys are probably "scared" of him in a way. Meaning that they don't want to lose to someone who didn't play big time college golf and doesn't have any skins on the wall from the mini tours.

I like his competitive attitude but the trash-talking and head games stuff is lame. Played pretty well in the elimination round last night... two darts for easy birdies and then cruise control on the last hole. Impressive to be able to perform like that when the pressure is on. I could see him making it to one more show or even pulling off a couple big shots at the right time to make it to the final, but I don't think he has the chops to win a match against any of the other players left.
tamu2009
AG
I don't feel like I've really seen much of Richie. Justin and Robert seem to be the most consistent and definitely the top 2.

Clays swing hurts my eyes and soul, but there is something to be said about him dominating the elimination challenge last night.
bagger05
AG
quote:
I don't feel like I've really seen much of Richie. Justin and Robert seem to be the most consistent and definitely the top 2.
I feel like I haven't seen much of Richy because on the early shows he was always immune very early. Maybe I'm not remembering that right. Definitely agree that Justin and Robert have seemed to be the best. I hope those are the two that make the final.
Ag pride
AG
quote:
There is a ton of talent on the show, more than I can ever remember, but if anyone other than Robert wins, it will be an upset. He's the clear best, IMO. But as the elimination challenges keep showing, the best don't always win.
mt3950
AG
quote:
quote:

I'm taking Justin vs the field.
jmh3209
AG
My vote is with Justin
HouAggie
AG
I'd put my money on Richy heads up vs any of the other guys. Not as flashy as some of the other guys, but I feel like he shoots the lowest scores.
jmh3209
AG
Justin using the medallion and moving into the finals
redsquirrelAG
AG
Well the top 3 made it to the final Imo.
ORAggieFan
Yep. Think the three combined for one elimination challenge and that was yesterday?
redsquirrelAG
AG
Just Richy is all I can remember. It should be a great final. I think Justin is going to be tough to beat.
watty
AG
I still think Robert is the clear leader. No weaknesses and also has the most power.
redsquirrelAG
AG
I agree with that Watty, but I feel like Justin is pretty dialed in and could just be hot at the right time. Richy is also the clear third Imo.
ORAggieFan
Robert's length is great and I thinkbhes best. But, I think Justin is better within 175 yards and could take him.
Yesterday
AG
With only a single round to play its anybody's game. I think over 3-4 rounds Robert would take it.
MorgansPoint
AG

MorgansPoint
AG

MorgansPoint
AG

Ag pride
AG
Richy missing those back to back putts was big IMO. He recovered nicely but you won't have the opportunity to make any mistakes like that in these last shows.

I'll take Robert by the slightest of margins, just because I really liked what I saw outta his putter
redsquirrelAG
AG
Are we on a one week layoff because of the Masters?
Ag pride
AG
quote:
Are we on a one week layoff because of the Masters?

Yes. Back on next week.
bagger05
AG
Finally got around to watching the most recent episode last night. Couldn't believe Richy missed that putt twice in a row.

Glad to see him win the elimination challenge and end up with the best three players in the final three.
boy09
AG
Didn't want to see Robert go, but I think the best 2 are in the final. Tough to see Robert spray one off the tee into the water to pretty much send him home when that's the strongest part of his game.

This is the first season i've watch BB, but one thing i've noticed is that none of these guys seem to be very good putters. I can't recall anyone making a putt longer than about 7-8 feet all season. And we've seen more than a few missed inside that distance.
Ag pride
AG
Yeah that was a rough go for Robert. You know when they liked back up at 18 he was giddy. I thought he putted well enough to win the whole thing a few weeks ago, just didn't have it tonight.
HouAggie
AG
Robert made one bad swing in the six holes they played in regulation. He just got hammered for it with a double. Everything else was spot on. Hit good putts too, just caught some edges. That's just golf and why it's tough for this format to regularly pick the best golfer.

That being said, I still think Richy is the best of the bunch. I just think that Robert is number two, so it would have been nice to see them play for it over 18 holes.
redsquirrelAG
AG
Do they play a full 18 for the final?
mavsfan4ever
AG
Yea they usually play a full 18 of match play for the finals.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Actually, I've seen them do stroke and match play for the finals. I think the more recent shows have been match play though.
Unemployed
AG
Pretty crazy final match. Richy was up two holes through 7. The next 4 holes were won by Justin and Richy found himself 2-down. Then Richy won the next 3 holes to be 1-up and then closed out the match on 17th with a birdie to win 2-1.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Richy closes it out
aggiebrother33
I was surprised how many birdies there were, i wonder what tees they played because pros struggle there and way too many low #'s. in the bear trap but what a good season.
watty
AG
They definitely weren't playing the same tees as the pros on every hole, but on some holes they were. But you're right, this year featured tons of birdies. I don't think it was because of easy conditions, although they gave them easy pin placements. I think it was because they had more talent on this sEason than they've ever had before, by a mile. The top 3 this season would have all won every other season IMO. And even the worst players this season were pretty good. This season had high-level talent at the top and depth behind them. Made for good golf.
redsquirrelAG
AG
That was the best season I can remember. I agree with watty on the talent level as well. Chad made it extremely fun to watch for longer than anyone would have guessed at the start. I look forward to seeing a bunch of these guys in the future on the Tour.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.