Big Break

13,185 Views | 103 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by redsquirrelAG
Yesterday
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If you get a chance to watch this season make sure to catch Chad Pfiefer who lost his leg in Iraq. I've played with Chad a few times in the George Bush Warrior Open and the guy is a player even on one leg.
Yesterday
AG
Wow. Glad I didn't go back in time and jinx him there. Glad he won when those guys were looking for an easy out.
watty
AG
Hard not to root for him, cool to see him holding his own so far. He's pretty dang good from 150 in. Haven't seen him hit longer stuff yet but he can definitely last on this show.
Boo Weekley
Pullin for him. This Brandon guy is one of the biggest dewshes in the history of television.
Yesterday
AG
His driver isn't very long and will be his weakness for sure. We always played a less than 7000 yard course and he was almost always in the fairway and always putting for birdie. He'll be a consistent 260-275 type driver. Hope he can keep up against the bombers.
jmh3209
AG
Loving this season! Was pulling for Chad in the elimination challenge last night.
turfaggie24
AG
Saw this last night. Will be watching regularly now that Melanie Collins is co-hosting.
CapCityAg89
AG
quote:
His driver isn't very long and will be his weakness for sure. We always played a less than 7000 yard course and he was almost always in the fairway and always putting for birdie. He'll be a consistent 260-275 type driver. Hope he can keep up against the bombers.

Killer - you do know 260-275 is longer than Zach Johnson, right?

I'm rooting for him!
Yesterday
AG
quote:
quote:

Killer - you do know 260-275 is longer than Zach Johnson, right?

I'm rooting for him!
I didn't know that average was longer than Zach. I would say Chad's average would be less than 270 and closer to 260, but looking at the PGA tour stats there are several on there that are below 270.
redsquirrelAG
AG
Great start to the season. The trick shot artist videos are pretty cool too if you get a chance to watch on YouTube. The two brothers are featured in them. And yes, how can you not root for Chad? I also second that Brandon is TVs newest dewshbag.
bagger05
AG
I'm always impressed by how good most of these guys are.
stick93
AG
Wow!!
watty
AG
That was insane. One of the better elimination challenges of all time.
Yesterday
AG
I got to watch it with Chad and a few other wounded golfers. It was incredible watching it and not knowing if he was heading home. He stayed true to his contract and didn't tell any of us.
AgDotCom
Having a dewsh in the Big Break cast is good business. Kinda like the "legendary ballstriker" from Floydada a few years ago.

It's the same reason some movies have a villain.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
You couldn't have written a better script if they tried. Chad was grinding like crazy and then gets a half plugged lie in a bunker with probably the worst stance he could physically have. He sure won't get picked now in any elimination match. Awesome effort. I was fist pumping for him.
boy09
AG
I've never really watched Big Break regularly, but I started watching this season since there's not much else on TV on Mondays. Tough not to pull for Chad at this point, that elimination challenge last night was awesome.

I realized at the end of the episode, there's still a bunch of guys I don't really even recognize. Seems like Chad and the 2 brothers were getting 95% of the screen time up to this point. I guess that's gonna change a little bit now..

There are also a crapload of commercials during this show. Pretty much have to DVR it, then you can blow through it in about half an hour.
redsquirrelAG
AG
Just saw the episode. Wow! My wife is a huge fan of the show because of Chad, and she hates golf. So impressive! And to the poster above that mentioned watching it with Chad, that is amazing ! Would love to hear more! It's shaping up to be a great season.
Boo Weekley
That's pretty freaking cool you got to watch it with Chad. Somehow I missed that post last night.
bagger05
AG
Just watched it. What an awesome show. Chad showed some signs of cracking on this episode before the elimination challenge. Hope he can keep it up.
Yesterday
AG
Yea we kept giving him a hard time for missing shots and asked him if he forgot to put on deoderant since all of the guys picked his competitor over him. My favorite was when our buddy Dave told him, "well played" after the trick shot brother missed an easy putt as if Chad didn't know he lucked out.
antman8504
AG
They pick Chad again for elimination challenge and he knocks another player out
Yesterday
AG
Chad eliminates another one. The man's short game is on point right now.
watty
AG
Dude is on a roll.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Just steamrolled the guy. Very nice.
wad86
quote:
Having a dewsh in the Big Break cast is good business. Kinda like the "legendary ballstriker" from Floydada a few years ago.

It's the same reason some movies have a villain.

I know him pretty well. This makes me laugh
redsquirrelAG
AG
This season is really good. A lot of that credit goes to Chad. He is a hero.
MarkPro
Chad the eliminator, very inspirational. I'm pretty sure that guy Richie's brother Mickey is on the A&M golf team.
bagger05
AG
I'm going to miss Tyler. That dude was a hoot. At least no matter what happens Melanie won't be eliminated.
redsquirrelAG
AG
Tyler is hilarious and he dresses like a pedophile from the 80s, but I'm not sure he hit one great shot the whole time.
Yesterday
AG
Tyler was great. I'm going to miss that character.
bagger05
AG
quote:
Tyler is hilarious and he dresses like a pedophile from the 80s, but I'm not sure he hit one great shot the whole time.

Yeah he was clearly one of the weaker players on the show.

There are a few guys that have looked really solid, but because they're playing well we haven't seen much of them. Kyle, Tommy, and Chad routinely seem to play the worst in the immunity challenges. Chad obviously has been super clutch in the elimination challenges, but he has hit some really poor shots to put himself there.

That being said, I wouldn't pick him for the elimination challenge.
Yesterday
AG
I agree. Everyone that has been eliminated so far has deserved it.
Boo Weekley
While I may not have actually ended up picking Chad because of the optics, I would have at least really wanted to deep down the first few times. It would have been the obvious choice in my mind. At this point, I wouldn't even consider it for a second...even if he was in the middle of an epic case of the shanks. I used to cringe when guys picked him...when Tyler did I just laughed and thought "Gawww, you ideeyut" (in his voice).
bmcghee03
AG
I just started watching (my first recent season to watch) and goodness gracious Melanie Collins
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.