Golf in Costa Rica - Papagayo Peninsula

1,874 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by weakeagle21
datrixstunna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone played golf in Costa Rica around the Papagayo Peninsula? Any recommendations as far as where to play and where to rent clubs?
Clever&FunnyAg
AG
We stayed at the Andaz Peninsula Papagayo around new years. The Four Seasons has a golf course that looked nice, but it was a bit out of my price range. I'm not sure how much more is really around the area. it's pretty remote.
datrixstunna
AG
The only course I see in that area is the four seasons. Pricing is about $200-$300 including green fees, cart and club rental. I was kinda expecting that range of pricing, but was looking for a cheaper alternative.
Goodfield Nohit
Don't go to CR to play golf. Go to fish and dive or snorkel.
datrixstunna
AG
quote:
Don't go to CR to play golf. Go to fish and dive or snorkel.

Definitely going fishing and snorkeling. Would like to get a round in as well.
Goodfield Nohit
I've played the Four Seasons course. It's fun. There is a nice par 3 that juts out over the ocean. I will tell you that the Golfo de Papagayo is some of the bluest water you'll ever see. Make sure to play in the morning, as there is a nice snorkeling beach on the property that you should visit after your round. The coatimundis are very friendly as well.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
I played at Los Suenos pretty far south of there, also went fishing and all the eco tours. It was dead the day I played, they let me play 36 holes for the price of 18 and had the beer girl check on me regularly to make sure I was hydrated. Monkeys, coatamundis, parrots, iguanas, all kinds of stuff to see. It was fantastic and got done right before the afternoon rains hit.
datrixstunna
AG
I appreciate the info.
weakeagle21
Any recs for fishing charter?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.