Golfer's elbow

1,945 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by ElCheAg
75AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
First time to have it and hurts like hell. Any tips? Using ice and support, but so far no relief.
Kurt Gowdy
AG
I like to use the brace that wraps around the forearm and applies pressure to that muscel/tendon.

I got it on the second morning of a two day tournament and that brace gave instant relief.
SonnyParker1
AG
Had it a few years ago hitting off of mats. Get the brace.
God-Family-Friends-Ag FB
I may have to look into a brace as well. Broke my left arm years ago and as a result have to deal with recurring pain and stiffness around that joint from time to time. Sucks.
WHOOP!'91
AG
I got graphite-shaft clubs all the way down and it helped my golfer's elbow immensely. That and not hitting the ground as much as my swing got more reliable.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Yep, get the brace and wear it all the time, even when not playing. It takes a while to heal. It will go away in time if you wear the brace. I've had it on several occasions, mostly aggravated from doing landscaping or some repetitive motion that agitates it and golf then compounds it. Did I say wear the brace all the time until it goes away?

How quick it goes away will depend on age some too and how likely it will come back, trust me on that.
tamu2009
AG
I've heard great things about this company and their products. http://www.kingbrand.com/Elbow-Home.php

I got some of their stuff for my ankle to heal up some achilles tendonitis for my pending trip to Bandon and their stuff is pretty high quality. The BFST seems to work well and after 2 weeks of using it my ankle feels loads better. The ice packs are shaped for each part of the body and work really well.

Added benefit, FSA's will reimburse for them becuase they are a little pricey.
oldschool87
AG
Push ups or bench press...
75AG
AG
quote:
Push ups or bench press...
Way too much work/effort.

Thanks for all the tips! The elbow brace with pressure on the forearm has worked pretty well. I can get through 18 without cussing (at least about my elbow).
ElCheAg
AG
Zoo response:

Quit being a poosay.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.