Interesting development at the Humana....

5,538 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by 98Ag99Grad
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
by someone we all know and hope does well.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Detail ? Can't watch righ now
AG
Palmer going low, low, low. Can you say birdie golf over 8 holes?
AG
Scratch that, birdie golf thru 9 holes.
I Am A Critic
We all know how this story ends. He'll **** the bed tomorrow and then have a good round on Sunday but will run out of holes to catch up to the leaders.
jonj101
Watching the online leader board, and it now says -10 through 10?
bagger05
AG
Only the fifth time in PGA history someone has gone -9 on a side.
birdman
27 on the front nine is amazing. Especially because he parred the first two holes.
jonj101
quote:
We all know how this story ends. He'll **** the bed tomorrow and then have a good round on Sunday but will run out of holes to catch up to the leaders.

Lol, couldnt have been posted by a better handle.
AG
OK, I didn't want to jinx the round. And don't start with the logic that what I type has no bearing on someone playing golf 1000 miles away....

yes, 10 thru 10. Staggering.
jonj101
You jinxed it!!!
bagger05
AG
Dammit TFS! What the heck is the matter with you?
AG
Noooooooo.

He birdied twice when after I started the thread, can't be me.
DRE06
AG
Palmer misses his eagle putt on 17 on the low side. Won't shoot 59. Needed to finish eagle-birdie.

What a choke job. 27 on the front.
birdman
Finished birdie-par to end up with a 61.
AG
quote:
Palmer misses his eagle putt on 17 on the low side. Won't shoot 59. Needed to finish eagle-birdie.

Really? Not trying to be an ass but being an ass, how much golf have you played with your PB on the line?
Funky Winkerbean
AG
quote:
quote:

Really? Not trying to be an ass but being an ass, how much golf have you played with your PB on the line?

Sarcasm ring a bell?
jj9000
AG
Glad he was in my starting lineup.

That'll be 20 points, please.
Ragoo
voorheesdn
AG
I'm here at the Humana and will be looking for Palmer tomorrow. Tough weekend in Southern California here
watty
AG
That course is crazy short. Part 72 and under 7000 yards. I had no idea there were any Tour courses like that. Always happy to see Palmer play well.
txaggie02
AG
Wow. Palmer just triple bogied 7. Unreal.
watty
AG
Yeah he's really gotten into a habit of doing stuff like that lately. He's been in contention quite a bit over his last 20 tournaments and seems to find a way to screw it up. But he's won before, so I don't think it's a big deal. He'll get back in the winner's circle soon I think.
bagger05
AG
Seems to be playing as well as he ever has. I've always thought he has the right game to do well at Augusta. Maybe he'll peak at the right moment.
watty
AG
He did qualify for Augusta this year, so hopefully he plays well there. He also works the ball both ways now instead of always drawing it like he used to. It's probably no coincidence that he's playing better since that change. He finished strong today with a -4 back nine to finish in the top 10 after the triple bogey had knocked him down to like 20th place.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Just like someone predicted and assumed. Blow up holes knock Palmer out of the tourney for a while, and he ends up making a great run down ths stretch. Problem is, he's already out of contention or it mattering.
jja79
AG
Except that he won more money.
watty
AG
He's been doing it some of late (folding), but the fact that he's a 3 time winner on Tour and had a couple runner up finishes last year against strong fields tells me it's an overblown criticism. The fact is, he's playing as good as he ever has.
Chipotlemonger
AG
No **** Sherlock. But he didn't win.
jja79
AG
Winning more money matters to most folks.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Career earnings: $18,221,338 (just for performance on the course in tournaments).

Yea, he's really hurting for more money. I believe he's come out and even stated he cares more about winning now than just going from top 50 to top 20 finishes.
watty
AG
He'll get there.

He made 20/23 cuts last year, easily the best ratio of his career. Making the cut and being in position more will lead to more winning opportunities.
jja79
AG
Sorry for offering an opinion Chipotle. Can you imagine how horrible Fowler feels about himself? He never wins.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Top 5 in every major for a calendar year is a little different discussion entirely. Majors are not regular tourneys.
God-Family-Friends-Ag FB
Ryan Palmer > TIger Woods (Both morally and as a golfer)

Never thought I'd be able to say that last part with a straight face. This fellow Ag is proud.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.