I've been quick to dog Pecan Lakes in the past because of its decline. I used to enjoy the course while in college.

I played it today and although it's not a good course and wouldn't be on my recommendation list, it was nice to see it hasn't completely gone to waste like Bluebonnet.

I know it's the off season so I understand that could contribute to current conditions.

I paid $20 to walk, which may be fair but walking A&M would obviously be a better deal in my eyes currently.

The course wasn't mowed very well but there wasn't anything disappointing about it knowing not to expect too much.

Tee boxes were regular with a few patchy areas(this doesn't bother me much).

Sand traps have been terrible for a long time due to the chopped up gravel they use. I hit 2 in the traps today and both balls were nearly covered top to bottom.

Greens were a little better than when I played last April/May. Back then I couldn't hit the ball hard enough to get it to the hole nor would it stay on track if I did due to growth and mower indentions. It was actually semi-decent.

Last year I put pecan lakes on par with Bryan Muni. Now I'd say it might be a half step up from muni. Granted, I've not played Muni in some time now.

Oh, I also got a hot dog at the turn. Might have been the most unpleasant part of the experience. I took a picture on my phone but it's too dark to really see anything. The think was burnt on both ends. I was laughing too hard on the inside to even complain.