New Pro V 1s Released

6,203 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by agracer
DannyDuberstein
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Grooved ball idea is already patented as well.

http://golf-patents.com/golf-balls-with-grooves-truth-or-fiction/
Mr.Bond
bilbobag
It's weird, just read an article that says they are $47.99
Maroonedinaustin
AG
I can't wait to play these. In about a month or so there will be like 6 dozen in the creek on the right side of #10 on my home course. I'll hit each one about five times each and send them back to their home in the woods! If you love something set it free, if it comes back its meant to be.
agsalaska
AG
quote:
quote:
I quit playing Titleist after the 2011 release because those balls sucked. But the 2013 Prov 1x is a badass ball. When and if the prices of the 2013 drop I will load up.

By the way, all of last year the Golf Galaxy in Southlake had 2013 prov1x x-outs for 29.99. Best deal in golf.
Or, you could buy brand new TaylorMade Lethal 'Practice' balls (same thing as X-outs) from me for $15 per dozen (10 dozen minimum)

I have over 20 dozen.
That too is a ridiculous deal. The Lethal and its TM predecessors are what I originally left Titleist for. Great balls.
bilbobag
Goldsmith is selling them today, $47.99
Mr.Bond
AG
http://www.golfballs.com/New-2015-Titleist-Pro-V1.html?promo=PROV1&t=mailer_012728A2

Yea I saw that. I wonder why the MSRP was so much higher than the previous MSRP for Pro V 1s. Maybe they caught a ton of backlash
jackie childs
quote:
http://www.golfballs.com/New-2015-Titleist-Pro-V1.html?promo=PROV1&t=mailer_012728A2

Yea I saw that. I wonder why the MSRP was so much higher than the previous MSRP for Pro V 1s. Maybe they caught a ton of backlash
i don't think it is. here's a golfwrx thread talking about the MSRP being $62 for the 2013 models.

GolfWRX
agracer
AG
quote:
quote:

I can believe yhat. For the future what to expect? I belong to 2 CC'S and play with my 11 year old. We very seldom see another kid playing.
A re-fi and a new mortgage with you...what does it take to get an invite!!!

Just kidding, I don't even live in Texas anymore!
agracer
AG
quote:
quote:
Golf manufacturers as a whole are having declining Sales from an article I read about a year ago. I guess people finally caught up to their bull **** about every new club is better than the one 3 months ago

Spot on! Ball technoolgy has IMO hit a plateau. The average golfer could not differentiate the top most played tour balls without manufacturer logos.

I'm an 'average' golfer (~16 HC) and I can tell the difference. I played a MaxFli U6 and a DT Solo on my local par 3 on day when it was pretty empty just to compare them.

The DT stopped better when I hit the green (and I hit more greens with the DT than the U6), stopped on my chips better, and felt completely different coming off my putter. I don't recall my exact scores, but I was surprised because it was 3-4 strokes better with the DT than the U6.
WestTexAG
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Golf manufacturers as a whole are having declining Sales from an article I read about a year ago. I guess people finally caught up to their bull **** about every new club is better than the one 3 months ago

Spot on! Ball technoolgy has IMO hit a plateau. The average golfer could not differentiate the top most played tour balls without manufacturer logos.

I'm an 'average' golfer (~16 HC) and I can tell the difference. I played a MaxFli U6 and a DT Solo on my local par 3 on day when it was pretty empty just to compare them.

The DT stopped better when I hit the green (and I hit more greens with the DT than the U6), stopped on my chips better, and felt completely different coming off my putter. I don't recall my exact scores, but I was surprised because it was 3-4 strokes better with the DT than the U6.

DT Solo and U6 are not what most people would call a top most played tour ball.
There are definitely distinct difference on midrange balls.
agracer
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

DT Solo and U6 are not what most people would call a top most played tour ball.
There are definitely distinct difference on midrange balls.
sorry, i was thinking back to that "when does the ball matter" thread when I replied...
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.