new ben hogan iron/wedge set

995 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by jackie childs
LeFraud
How long do you want to ignore this user?
First look of the 2015 ben hogan irons that have been brought back by Terry Koehler, who developed the SCOR wedge system...and he's an Ag.

http://www.benhogangolf.com/ft-worth-15
oldschool87
AG
Did you guys not read the article?????

This will change how all clubs are made in the future!!! At least the <5 handicappers!

I deloft everything with my grip! I have always wanted to add a degree or 2 to my 3, 4, and 5 irons !

Now hogan is offering, 44 clubs rather than the normal 3 thru PW and occasionally a GW in a set.

For basic reference a 2 iron has 20 degrees of loft, a 5 iron has 28 an 8 iron has 39 degrees.

Clubs are 3 to 4 degrees apart. Club manufactures over the last decade have reduced many clubs by a degree or 2 making you think your hitting there clubs further when in actuality your comparing your 7 iron to what is really there 6 but is marked a 7.

Now, having said all of that, Hogan has simply made 44 clubs starting at 20 degrees and going all the way to Phil's 64 degree SW. Now you just pick what you want and make a set!

This is completely revolutionary!!! I can't wait, already built myself a spreadsheet on what I want!!!
Whoop04
How many $$$ ?
oldschool87
AG
There not out till April... Expensive, 150 per club.
jackie childs
quote:
This will change how all clubs are made in the future!!! At least the <5 handicappers!
it is an interesting concept for sure. i suppose if the feedback is positive, you could see some of the bigger club manufacturers offer additional lofts, but i'd honestly be surprised if anybody else tries this "every single loft" approach.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.