Robert Allenby kidnapped, beaten and dumped 6 miles away

9,868 Views | 69 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by jagged
AgDotCom
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Ouch
birdman
You get two blocks off the beach and Waikiki gets really rough and dangerous. Twice, guys tried to mug me in Waikiki.

Glad to hear that he's okay. The kidnapping is the really scary part.
AgDotCom
I had no idea it was like that. All I knew is that area is some of the most expensive real estate in the U.S.

What really surprised me is this happening to a tour pro. The nature of their job puts them in some of the most affluent areas you'll find week in and week out. They seem so insulated from "reality", if you will.
God-Family-Friends-Ag FB
Crazy, Waikiki in general always seemed pretty safe to me even though you have some riff raff. It's definitely not Nola or anything. Only place I have heard some horror stories about on Oahu is the west side (Makaha) where all the poor locals live. Have definitely received some harsh looks over there and have heard plenty of stories of beatings, tires slashings etc if you post up at the wrong beach.

Wonder if there could be more to this story? Although no reason not to believe he was drugged kidnapped and robbed randomly.
Big Cat `93
AG
Man. Reminds me of the Indycar exec getting mugged at the Shell station by Reliant before the race a few years ago.
WhoopN06
My thoughts exactly. Has to be more to this story. It's just too bazar otherwise.
leachfan
Probably a hooker and/or pimp in this story somewhere.
WhoopN06
You said it not me.
Matsui
AG
Said he was at a bar that night
WhoopN06
Also could be drug related. He would have had to leave a "public" area for this to occur. Figure drugs or hooker.

Who knows though.
Corporal Punishment
AG
The most believable part of the story:

"after missing the cut at the Sony Open."
DannyDuberstein
AG
The link between friend goes to the pisser and memory loss at that precise point is oddly precise for a drugging in the bar. But there could be an "innocent" explanation as well. Either way, some scary **** and he's lucky they dumped a live body vs a dead one.
mt3950
AG
i heard the initial report when they broke it during the Sony coverage...they mentioned that he was with his caddie and another friend (manager i think) but that they were not with him during the time of the kidnapping...now, how would that be possible? if i was being kidnapped, i would be kicking and screaming like a ***** to anyone who could hear me. Sounds to me like he was lured somewhere for something...hooks, drugs, etc and got snatched into a car and robbed and dumped. IMO there is no chance this was an innocent random kidnapping.
birdman
Allenby was interviewed during final round today. His caddie left the bar about 10 minutes before them. His remaining friend and him got separated when paying the tab. They were leaving the restaurant and heading to bar in same complex. When he was walking across the parking garage, Allenby was hit in back of head. and knocked him out. Apparently, his friend was already at the wine bar.

I can't imagine that he's making this up. They have receipts and surveillance cameras that match his story.
mt3950
AG
^ hadn't heard this...sounds pretty legit
DannyDuberstein
AG
Makes sense to me. Seems like it's more a matter of the linked story not having enough of the facts yet or just abbreviating the story.
xaggie95
AG
Glad he's ok, but things just don't sound right. I've spent a lot of time in Waikiki. Walked up and down most of that area and never could imagined something like this happening.
AgDotCom
Apparently this is the homeless woman who rescued him.Not exactly what I was visualizing. This thing seems like it's getting more weird by the hour. I guess we'll see.

DannyDuberstein
AG
When I woke up, my cock was in some homeless woman's mouth and she had a handful of my money. So clearly I was robbed. [/Allenby]
jonj101
Did Anthony Kim happen to be in Hawaii?
DannyDuberstein
AG
You can keep the knit cap on while we do it, baby. In fact, why don't you go ahead and pull it down over the rest of your face. [/Allenby]
xaggie95
AG
The homeless population is getting out of control in Hawai'i. When I was there I remember the city was trying to pass legislation to provide airfare to them to get them off the island and to the mainland. I could only imagine....tax dollars hard at work. Also reminds me of Portland "where young people to go retire".
I digress...
Matsui
AG
hmm....

http://mashable.com/2015/01/19/robert-allenby-kidnap/
DannyDuberstein
AG
And predictably, holes in the story start to surface. My money is still on he got blitzed, wandered outside, and came across the wrong characters. Now maybe he was looking for a bj, a score, another bar, etc., who knows. Between being blitzed and getting his ass kicked, I'm not surprised if he's confused and wrong about the particulars.

What I don't buy is someone drugging him in the bar and hustling him out the door when his friend wasn't looking. The FBI stuff is a little weird, but he's a dumbass Aussie golfer, not an expert on who investigates what in America.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Oh, and Allenby referred to the story as a bit like the movie "Taken". I'd say it's a lot more like The Hangover. The only thing his story is missing was a tiger in his hotel room the next morning.

There may have been a little more involved than Pinot Grigio, but if there was, I'd guess he consumed it willingly. He needs to be more careful when running with his Wolf Pack.
AgDotCom
Deadspin is piling on

Some of the readers' comments are almost as good as yours, Danny.
God-Family-Friends-Ag FB
Bet he was bummed about missing the cut and decided to party his balls off. Prob got faded and popped a few xannies, which basically zapped his memory.

And I know from first hand experience that certain cities like Miami and Nola (and probably Honolulu) will have chicks dressed like prostitutes roaming around (usually in teams of two) offering sexual favors to drunk horny dudes and convincing them to hop in their car. From that point on who knows exactly what happens?

All i know is that I went to Miami with 3 other friends for the 2007 A&M/Miami game. Late night two of my buddies got separated from us (LSU and tu grads) and it turned out the next day that both of them fell victim to the same kind of trap...separate incidents. The last thing each friend remembered the next day was getting into a nice SUV with some hot black chicks who were offering to **** their ****'s. They both came-to in random bad parts of town the next morning with stolen wallets and cell phones and had to get rides back to South Beach. Was a mess. Noticed similar teams scouring Bourbon Street last time I was there for a friends bachelor party a few yrs back...teams of two, offering all kinds of naughty sex favors asking you to hop in their tahoe.

Don't be like my knucklehead friends, or Robert Allenby. Just say NO.
DannyDuberstein
AG
quote:
Deadspin is piling on

Some of the readers' comments are almost as good as yours, Danny.

There are some GREAT ones out there. My favorite:

quote:
I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills that I have acquired over a very long career. I can hit a iron over 175 yards. My GIR last year was 40th on the PGA. I can hit a buried lie out of a bunker to within 10 feet and stop it on a dime. So I have one question for you. Where can I score some blow on Waikiki?
Unemployed
AG
http://deadspin.com/witness-robert-allenby-hurt-himself-after-a-trip-to-th-1681127848

Dude was looking for some poon.
DannyDuberstein
AG
quote:
When I woke up, my cock was in some homeless woman's mouth and she had a handful of my money. So clearly I was robbed. [/Allenby]

So this scenario is actually getting pretty close to the truth.
Big Cat `93
AG
This sweater of a story has just about completely unraveled.
Matsui
AG
his story is unraveling

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/rex-hoggard/allenby-saga-takes-more-twists/
Corporal Punishment
AG
He was either after nose candy, snatch, or both.

lulz
DannyDuberstein
AG
I liked the aspect of the story where he passes out in practically the same spot on two different occasions a couple of hours apart.

The abrasions (heavily scraped, not just bruised and/or cut) that go with those lumps look consistent with taking a passed out header into some rock or concrete vs. being struck, and it sounds like the cops think so too.
Ag_07
AG
What I think is the weirdest part is why would he leave the wine bar with 3 unknown guys?

And since that article says he wasn't impaired until after he came from the bathroom, my guess is he found the nose candy (or some other drug) in the bathroom.

And they didn't drug test him to see if he was drugged?

Really, really odd story all together
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.