Never seen this, Arccos vs. Gamegolf

1,329 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Jack Daniels
Chipotlemonger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I remember the big review of Gamegolf a while back. Anyone see this Arccos stuff though?
watty
AG
Just started seeing it online. Wondering the same things. Anyone experience either?
Prior22
AG
I actually have an Arccos unit...

Bottomline, unlike Game Golf where it requires you to tag the club before you hit the shot, the Arccos system has wireless sensors in the plug (the plug goes into the butt end of each club and is synched via bluetooth to your phone) that can tell when you're making a practice swing or hitting the ball. It tracks your entire round, gives you distances, etc., without having to press a button. Only drawback I've found is that you have to have your phone on you at all times so it registers with the club, and sometimes it doesn't pick up gimme putts inside a couple feet so you have to add it manually which takes 5 seconds. Other issue is the battery drain. I can make it through a round no problem, but if I want to check scores and run the system it can become an issue, as you'd expect.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Thanks Prior
robdobyns
AG
I have one also. My son is a club pro in New York. He uses one and stocks them in his shop. Got one for Christmas. Very cool.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Mr.Bond
AG
http://breakingeighty.com/game-golf-vs-arccos-golf
Mr.Bond
AG
$400 is serious cheese but this sounds awesome
Jack Daniels
I wouldn't want to have my cell phone on me for a whole round.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.