Golf Preserve of Atascocita

1,319 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by SLAB CITY AG
Aggie1391
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone play here before? I got an invite to play there this weekend, but I've never even heard of the place before till now.

Tips?
Goose
AG
I'd never heard of it either so I googled it. That's the old Atascocita Country Club.

Unfortunately, I have zero pertinent info on the place beyond that... Sorry.
Bassmaster
AG
I played it about 5 years ago before it shut down. It was ok. I've been wanting to go check it out since it reopened.
Aggie1391
We played it Saturday morning at 9. It was only 40 bucks! For that price, it might be one of the best deals in Houston. The greens were hard and pretty quick, most full shots onto the green didn't hold, but I suspect that will change as the greens mature in the future. The rest of the course was in pretty good shape as well. Fairways were lush and green, but maybe a little long. The layout wasn't too bad, seem like a most holes were fairly straight for the more part. Not too much trouble when it comes to water, but there were some shots off the tee box that had narrow landing areas.

For the value, I would highly recommend this course to anyone in the area. for 40 bucks, you can play a crap shoot like Pine Crest, or you can play a pretty decent course like this one.
Ezra Brooks
AG
What was the crowd like?

I don't think they've really publicized that they are open - heck, I live in Kingwood just across the lake and know very little about the place.

Might have to venture over and take a look.
SLAB CITY AG
The old Atascocita CC. It's your typical track. Give it some time to mature and it'll be fine. Lots of old people play there as it's surrounded by retirees that need something to do. Always see golf cart crossing 1960 and Pinehurst trails heading back into walden. I'll give it a try sometime.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.