Looking for a Public Golf Course between Dallas and College Station

2,302 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Boy Named Sue
BANA89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm looking to meet a friend for a round of golf halfway between Dallas and College Station sometime, maybe first week or two of January. Any recommendations? Doesn't have to be right off I-45, but that's probably the simplest.
BANA Class of '86/'89 - Living in Aggieland!
cevans_40
AG
That area is pretty much a barren wasteland of golf
turfaggie24
AG
Minimal options and less than a few of them are good. Best course between Dallas and CS on your route is probably Brickyard in Ferris.
nkc1981
AG
not off 45, but Twin Rivers in Waco would be a good place between yall.
cevans_40
AG
quote:
Minimal options and less than a few of them are good. Best course between Dallas and CS on your route is probably Brickyard in Ferris.
I agree with this, but the guy in BCS is getting the shaft
aginlakeway
AG
quote:
I'm looking to meet a friend for a round of golf halfway between Dallas and College Station sometime, maybe first week or two of January. Any recommendations? Doesn't have to be right off I-45, but that's probably the simplest.
Both of you drive to Austin.
Chipotlemonger
AG
I'd say some Waco region golf may be best choice
Boy Named Sue
AG
Twin Rivers is in awful shape right now. Cottonwood is a better option in Waco, if you don't have the option of having your home club reciprocate at Ridgewood CC (which is easily the best course between Austin and Dallas).

Pine Dunes outside Palestine is one of the best public courses in the state, if that's not too far out of the way for you. I'd go there if I were you.
aggiebrother33
Pine Dunes gets my rec...even though a little out of the way. It's in Jacksonville and awesome
Joe Nobody
Cottonwood
Boy Named Sue
AG
I'm curious what you ended up doing (if this round has been played) and what you thought of the course. Obviously the weather has not been conducive to golf, so maybe y'all haven't met up yet.
BANA89
AG
Haven't played yet, probably next week. Leaning heavily towards Cottonwood from the suggestions and a little validating research online.
BANA Class of '86/'89 - Living in Aggieland!
45-70Ag
AG
Twin rivers is good. I played there several times over the last few days.
Boy Named Sue
AG
I heard Twin Rivers finally got their greens in shape and that the course is doing much better overall. If you want, I can try to get you on at Ridgewood. Just send me a PM or post an e-mail address.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.