Callaway's "supersoft" golf balls

1,609 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by CapCityAg89
tommeehawk7
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A few months back i was preaching that we amateurs are fooling our self playing Pro V1's . Some of you agreed , most disagreed , and disagreed with passion.
Watch what's about to happen in the golf ball market the next 12 months. Softer balls will start to dominate the market , Callaway Super Soft , Taylor made Noodles , Srixon soft , they will convince you .
ORAggieFan
Been playing SuperSoft a few rounds now and liking it so far. Trying to compare to Bridgestone e Series. Lean SuperSoft though. Like the feel a lot around green and putting. Great price too, $20/dozen.
WHOOP!'91
AG
Nike PD Soft are $10/dz at Academy. I hit those when its cooler and the PD Distances (also $10/dz) when its warmer.

I like the Bridgestone E6s, but I hit too many into the water at this point in my game to spend $2/ball. I will also grab 3 dz Reload Pro V1xes from Academy for $30 sometimes as well.
jja79
AG
My 11 year old son plays them and a couple of months ago I played the back 9 with one. It's what I play now. PGA radio was discussing this yesterday.
agsalaska
AG
They will convince me of what?
stick93
AG
Urethane cover on a "cheap" ball is starting to get press.
93MarineHorn
Agree completely with the OP. I found a Callaway Supersoft in like new condition and started playing it. Shot even par in my weekly 9 hole match (I'm a 7 HC) and noticed that it definitely flies straighter than any ball I've ever played. It's also very long off the tee. It does not perform like a ProV1 greenside, but I'm not one of these short game wizards so I'm really not losing anything there. And for $20 a dozen it is the very best value, hands down.
stick93
AG
I tried a dozen and like them a lot. Another good one is the Top Flite Gamer Tour. 2dz for 35 but you gotta go to Dick's because they own the brand. I will say that, for me, urethane is taking a while to get used to. Just seems "stickier" than anything I've played before.**

**not trying to start a ball debate with the other half

Chipotlemonger
AG
Dammit I'm in need of a good TexAgs golf ball argument after that **** show of a day in Aggie football yesterday.
bagger05
AG
I've been playing some variant of the Callaway higher end ball for a while now and have always liked it but am actually planning a switch to the Bridgestone e6.

I really like the performance of a higher end ball with my irons, but I think the extra spin I'm getting around the greens is actually hurting me. I think I might like playing a ball that I can rely on to NOT check up too hard... last round when I played so bad I had a couple of chips that I was expecting to roll out that ended up biting really hard because I struck them much better than normal. I'm expecting some Bridgestone e6's in my stocking this year so I guess we'll see how it goes.
CapCityAg89
AG
I've been playing the e5 the last few rounds and really like them, but I like the "feel" of a urethane ball when I putt. FWIW, that's why I keep going back to Pro-V's when I'm done experimenting - the feel on putts is very positive to me. I'll give the Supersoft a try though.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.