First round under 90!

1,360 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Maroonedinaustin
voorheesdn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Went out today and shot 84...previous best was 94. Feeling pretty good and proof that practice pays off. In May I was a 120s golfer and after lots of range balls and a few lessons nice to see it moving in the right direction.
stick93
AG
Congrats. Interested to know what part of your game you feel has helped you shave the most strokes. It seems to be a topic of debate around here. Your rapid improvement would be a great case study.
Chipotlemonger
AG
**** yea
voorheesdn
AG
The number one thing that got me into the 90s was consistent ball striking and really knowing my clubs. For the longest times I wasn't able to hit driver and only teed off with a 4 iron. Recently elongating my previously steep takeaway helped me continue to hit the ball more cleanly and hit down on it better. Started hitting driver about 2 weeks ago and that has made the next set of differences in strokes.
AggieT
AG
In three months you will be throwing clubs after a 90. Keep it up!
tommeehawk7
aggdave , that is fantastic , congrats!
93MarineHorn
Big time congrats, Dave!!! Smashing thru that barrier is the best feeling because you know it wasn't just a few lucky breaks, you're simply much better than you were.
BESCo91
AG
CONGRATS, aggdave!
KatyAg01
AG
quote:
Went out today and shot 84...previous best was 94. Feeling pretty good and proof that practice pays off. In May I was a 120s golfer and after lots of range balls and a few lessons nice to see it moving in the right direction.
That is some serious progress. Solid work and good to see it paid off for you.
bagger05
AG
Nice job! Just one mulligan per side, right?
voorheesdn
AG
Bagger actually no mulligans which makes it even better.
bagger05
AG
Yeah, I was kidding. Had you taken mulligans you would've been playing something other than golf.
Ag pride
Maroonedinaustin
AG
Congrats.

I almost broke 90 the other day for the first time, but a 9 & 8 on two par 3's destroyed that. Shot 98.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.