Any reviews for Odyssey ProType Tour Series Putters?

3,944 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by AustinCountyAg
nickaggie13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've recently been looking at purchasing one of the Odyssey ProType putters. I really like the feel and look of the #2 and #3 series, however after looking online I noticed there is also a tour series #5, which is a mallet putter while the 2 and 3 are blade putters. Does anyone have any reviews on any of the ProType putters? I currently play a 2 ball putter and have a fairly square to square putting stroke, should I eliminate all toe balanced or 1/4 toe balanced putters with my putting stroke?

To sum it up:
Thoughts on Odyssey ProType Putters?
Does Square to Square putting stroke eliminate any toe balanced or 1/4 toe balanced putters?

Thanks in advance.

stick93
AG
I use a Protype #9. It is a heel shafted mallet(I guess that's what you'd call it). It is my third variation of this exact model and first without an insert. I was a little worried I would miss the soft feel of the insert but the Protype quickly became my favorite thus far.

I can't really answer the square to square question directly. But I will say that I am looking for a good used center shafted putter to tinker with. My misses recently have consistently to the left(I'm left handed). My thinking is that my stroke is not allowing me to square the face back up with the heel shafted putter.
jj9000
AG
quote:
I use a Protype #9. It is a heel shafted mallet(I guess that's what you'd call it). It is my third variation of this exact model and first without an insert. I was a little worried I would miss the soft feel of the insert but the Protype quickly became my favorite thus far.

I can't really answer the square to square question directly. But I will say that I am looking for a good used center shafted putter to tinker with. My misses recently have consistently to the left(I'm left handed). My thinking is that my stroke is not allowing me to square the face back up with the heel shafted putter.

Dang.

I have a 35" Odyssey White Hot Pro #7 Center Shaft For Sale.

Too bad its RH though.
AustinCountyAg
Bumping this up because I just got the #2 at golfsmith today for 90 bucks brand new. So far I love it. Good roll and it sounds feels good. I've lately been a fave balanced guy but I just can't get consistent roll outa it hence why I decided to pick this up today. I think it originally retailed in the upper 200's so I feel like I got a solid deal. I'm ready to get it out in some real grass
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.