TopGolf report

7,757 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Thisguy1
Mr.Bond
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I take my full bag of clubs. Main reason is because the ones they provide are for a 5'8'' person. But also because I can
bagger05
AG
And the only reason I take all my clubs is because taking some clubs out seems like such a big hassle compared to just taking the bag.
AustinCountyAg
Sorry for offending all the top golfers.
tamu2009
AG
I take all of mine too. Why would you want to make any swing with any type of repitition (even if its only 40 or so) with equipment you dont play with regularly. It just sounds likes a recipe for getting the s word or just a funk.

I'm all about swinging the same equipment all the time, probably why I dont upgrade clubs that often.
TMACsDaMan
I swore never to use rentals/facility provided clubs after 2008. It's all about feel. With my X20s I know how far each club goes and somewhat shape a shot.

Would you fire a rental rifle on a weekend deer hunt?
Removed:15444557
If I'm going after work I typically don't take my clubs in. Mainly because the majority of people I work with don't know how to swing a golf club and I would get frustrated if I took it seriously out there (my clubs, shoes, glove, etc.).

However, when I go out there with my golfing buddies (which is rare because we play on the course instead of TopGolf) I only bring in either just a 9i or both a PW and 5i.
CapCity12thMan
AG
quote:
For sure don't bring your whole bag of clubs.
bring your whole bag - this isn't the problem

quote:
They wear their ping hat and matching outfit like its a Sunday championship round
this is the problem

watty
AG
Bring your bag. I always bring mine. But don't dress for a round of golf. Dress for a casual night out. That's the difference.
DannyDuberstein
AG
yep, I always take the whole bag but sport casual clothes and footwear. My bag is a lightweight carry bag anyway, so it's not like Tiger Woods showing up with a giant, monogrammed leather bag and wearing Sunday red.

the rentals I've seen there are bent-up garbage.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
Bring your bag. I always bring mine. But don't dress for a round of golf. Dress for a casual night out. That's the difference.
Unemployed
AG
quote:
Would you fire a rental rifle on a weekend deer hunt?

Bad analogy.

Consequence of missing the target at Top Golf is way less severe than a non-lethal shot on a deer.
DannyDuberstein
AG
That's true, but the clubs I've seen would be the equivalent of firing a rifle with a barrel that has been bent about 20 degrees. It's not the same as renting clubs from the pro shop for a round of golf.
93MarineHorn
I've only been once and I used Top Golf's crappy clubs. If I ever go back I'm bringing my own.
DannyDuberstein
AG
If you have a carry bag, it's also easier to deal with while you are waiting. Can just stand it up by your table or stash it with the bags of everyone else waiting (like you would at a clubhouse) vs. looking for somplace to lean individual clubs against, have them fall over, etc.
dahouse
AG
I don't want to be "that guy", but I never take my clubs. You're not going to get good practice at TopGolf. It's designed to be arcade golf. That being said, the only two or three guys I saw with their own bags were popped-collar, neon fishing shirt, super-serious bros.

My company occasionally has a little team building there. That's the best. We get better clubs with the corporate membership, and the booze is free too.
Cody
Fightin Texas Aggie c/o 04
DannyDuberstein
AG
You apparently don't go very often or pay much attention if you've only seen 2-3 bags there. And I think everyone realizes it's not for practice. it's just more comfortable for many to use what you are familiar with.
watty
AG
quote:
That being said, the only two or three guys I saw with their own bags were popped-collar, neon fishing shirt, super-serious bros.

You are only seeing what you want to see, because that is not remotely accurate. Tons of people bring their own bags.
dahouse
AG
I've only been 3 times. I saw a 2-3 people with bags, but, I can only see a few booths down on one of the floors. If you expand that out there are a bunch there. I don't bring mine. Two of my superiors here at the office are a 2 and a 4 handicap and they hit the top golf stuff too.

I've only been once on my dime. It was just me and the Rib. Had a great time, but was expensive without a group to split it with.
DannyDuberstein
AG
On many occasions while waiting for a bay, I've dropped my bag in an area where there were probably 25-30+ other bags - that's just of people waiting for a bay that happened to choose the same corner to ditch their bag. More bags than you see outside of a golf shop at a given time.
Coppell97
AG
I agree with those that say don't bring your clubs and that it is arcade golf.
Thisguy1
My brother and I brought our clubs, the others with us didn't, and I saw a lot of people with their clubs. I'll probably bring them again because it's really not a problem at all.

It's a fun experience, but eventually we all just started hitting it to the back in the purple for the most points. I wish it knew if you landed in the targets instead of rolling in.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.