TopGolf report

7,751 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Thisguy1
tommeehawk7
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Last night my brother was in town , he had never been to TopGolf and wanted to check it out. I had only been one time with my grown kids.
So we met up at 6:00 {the one right off of HWY6} , signed up , no wait.
We hit balls for 90 minutes , had a absolutely great time firing different shots at the targets and sipping on a good cold pitcher of beer.
We just set the game on the simple scoring system .
Cost involved , 90 minutes of bay time , two pitchers of beer , chips , queso salsa , right at $100.00.
We stayed for about another hour watching the Saints game at the table by our hitting bay.

This has been discussed here before , would we rather tee it up on a real golf course? Of course. But at night , golf , food , drink , football , it was a blast and well worth the $$$.
Mr.Bond
AG
It's perfect for what's it's purpose is.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Agree. Right mindset and right company = great time to be had.
bagger05
AG
It always feels like it ends up being more expensive than it should be, in my opinion, but going bowling at a "nice" place costs about the same nowadays.

Glad you had a good time. I always enjoy it when I go.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah, the $6 per game days were much easier on the pocketbook, but I completely understand why they changed that pricing model.
gougler08
AG
If you go in the morning on Sat/Sun and make it a bloody mary day it's a lot less expensive. $20/hr instead of $40
Matsui
AG

Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Looking forward to trying it.
stick93
AG
I understand its appeal, but I'd still rather play Golden Tee in a bar.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:

DRE06
AG
quote:

Is this a joke?
Chipotlemonger
AG
Sup Dre haven't seen you around here in a while.

I don't think it is a joke. Guy must be too embarrassed about his golf game to hit balls with women around.
stick93
AG
Not a joke. Just an opinion. Paying a pretty fair amount of money to hit off of a mat is not my thing.
Chipotlemonger
AG
So when you're out at III Forks you ask for Bud Light right? I mean paying excess for a different drink isn't worth it, since III Forks is just a ****ty mat knock off of Ruth's Chris.
stick93
AG
I don't know what III Forks is and I also don't know why you are upset with me having an opinion different than yours. I have been multiple times and will go again. I just don't care for it. Sorry.
Chipotlemonger
AG
No words 93, that argument has been a ****ty troll for a while now. Like saying you'd rather wii bowl than actually bowl.
LeFraud
i understand the appeal of paintball, but i'd rather stay at home and play halo...
Chipotlemonger
AG
Staph: Accidentally hit object to LeFraud's post. Meant to quote it.

All in all LeF, couldn't agree more
2ndGen87
AG
Dale Wamstad founded Del Frisco's. When he left there, he opened 3 Forks. So not really a knock off of Ruth Chris.
BTD
I prefer golden tee over top golf as well. It's not a horrible comparison, both are competitive events you play with friends while drinking.

I prefer real golf over golden tee.
tommeehawk7
I for sure can see why some of you guys like Golden Tee , it looks like a lot of fun as well.
Mr.Bond
AG
Shattered my pinky playing golden tee in college..... Booze was involved... Shocker
TX AG 88
AG
wait, shattered pinky, but still a shocker? was it a shocker with the off hand?
DannyDuberstein
AG
I gave Donkey Kong the shocker once.
tommeehawk7
I gave Wonder Woman the shocker and she never went back to Batman
jackie childs
quote:
No words 93, that argument has been a ****ty troll for a while now. Like saying you'd rather wii bowl than actually bowl.
wii bowling has way less cigarette smoke and foot fungus
Chipotlemonger
AG
TopGolf today for me, Spring location (in town for a wedding)

Love the damn place, but I don't have my clubs with me this trip. We were supposed to shoot trap but the weather had the groom change his mind.
bagger05
AG
Meh, just use the freebie rental clubs. I usually take my own clubs but it's just TopGolf so who gives a damn?
Chipotlemonger
AG
Forgot I had my 8 and 6 irons in the car! Hell yea.

Was a great place for lunch.
Thisguy1
We're heading to Top Golf on Friday for the first time for all 4 of us. Any suggestions?

Also, do y'all bring y'all's bag with a full set or just bring in a few clubs?

We all play golf pretty regularly, but we've never been. Brother actually works at the campus course.
AustinCountyAg
Use the clubs there. For sure don't bring your whole bag of clubs. Most people I've seen who do this are the ones who look like tools. They wear their ping hat and matching outfit like its a Sunday championship round. Don't be that guy
Yesterday
AG
I always take my full clubs as well aS my golfing buddies, but I also stopped judging people based off of their appearance in junior high.
Yesterday
AG
Ah who am I kidding? I judge people on a daily basis. O take my full set because I never like to swing rent clubs and If I'm going to try and hit yardages I want my known clubs even if I'm drunk and scarfing down some nachos. I'm also married so I don't care what the chicks think of my top golf attire.
LeFraud
I take my own clubs as well, as do my friends. Do you laugh at people that have their own bowling shoes and bowling balls too?
bagger05
AG
I usually take my own clubs. It might look silly to some people but IDGAF.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.