Gonna bite the Golftec bullet

5,563 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by CapCity12thMan
Mr.Bond
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any updates
WHOOP!'91
AG
I did take my swing analysis and it proved to be very helpful and, as I hoped, the additional video and technological capabilities showed me exactly what I was doing and needed to correct. My instructor was Johnathan Stabenow, and he was pretty good, although I must say when he taught me is probably pretty basic stuff. For some reason, the guy at Battleground didn't address it, but I was coming way over the top and swinging outside-in, losing a lot of power and slicing. I have to get my right arm straight quick and my hands close in to my body. It feels weird, but when I did it, you could see on the video that the club path is what it is supposed to be, and the simulator said I was hitting it pretty straight with a slight draw, and even though I was not able to generate much speed having such a drastic change to my swing, I was already hitting it as far on the simulator as I was with my old swing on the same simulator, but without the slice. I can get some additional distance when I can make the new swing feel natural.

In all, I am pleased and think the Christmas package was a good investment.

Of course, he tried to sell me a plan, but I think I will play this out, see where I am, and see if the plans go on a better sale in the spring as indicated by another poster.
Mr.Bond
AG
Thanks for the update
WHOOP!'91
AG
First lesson last night. We worked on distance, one of my stated goals.

The down side is that the things I worked on after my swing analysis were almost immediately moot. With the amount of shoulder and hip turn needed, the swing mechanics I worked on before were out the window.

The up side is that I am generating a LOT more club speed and distance - when I can hit the damned ball. I started out hitting my 5W maybe 130 and ended up consistently in the 165 - 180 range. Now I need to work on getting my hands down to get it straight or a slight draw.

It is a lot farther from the new top than from the old top and will take some work to find the ball again. I am also sore as hell from twisting so far so many times. Also, I can't get my hands down yet, so I am slicing according to the simulator. But I know what to work on this weekend when the weather clears up a bit.

Again, I find the lesson and visual tools to be a great help to understand what I need to do and what I am not doing. For example, I felt like I was bringing my hands down, but the instructor had incontrovertible video evidence that I was coming out first and couldn't make up for it on the way down. They also let me take some time liberties based on availability, so that helps the value proposition a bit as well.
Mr.Bond
AG
Thanks for sharing
CapCity12thMan
AG
feel and real are usually different. What you think you are doing usually isn't the case. Second set of eyes is always best to validate
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.