Brandel Chamblee's thoughts on Tiger's swing coaches

3,133 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Chipotlemonger
USGA77
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Golf Channel's Brandel Chamblee weighed in with his thoughts on Tiger's evolution from Butch Harmon to Hank Haney to Sean Foley, and now to Chris Como:

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/brandel-chamblee/como-right-fit-woods/

Pretty insightful observations on how Harmon, Haney and Foley differed in their approaches, and how Como's understanding of biomechanics could produce a more natural, athletic swing that Tiger once had and provide real benefits given Tiger's physical limitations with his knee and back.

Cliff Notes: Chamblee believes Butch as a teacher is one of the best ever, that Haney deserves more credit for giving Tiger a "one-way miss;" and is not impressed with Foley's method at all.

Money quote on Foley: "And the ideological conceit of geometric precision is where Tour players' games go to die."

It's an interesting read if you are into the ways the golf swing is taught today.
AgDotCom
quote:
Money quote on Foley: "And the ideological conceit of geometric precision is where Tour players' games go to die."

Was this Chamblee or Bobby Clampett saying this?
Chipotlemonger
AG
Good nuggets there
tommeehawk7
What is not being addressed is how much Tiger has lost in his short game. Swing coach , schmingh coach.But Tiger doesn't make all the putts anymore.
Let's not forget , this cat {no pun intended} won 5 tournaments in 2013. So I think it's more a matter of health and short game than swing coach.
G-Town Cracker
AG
Brandel is about as big of a chode as Tiger
antman8504
AG
Foley's swing was making Tiger's chipping worse. He was getting the handle so far in front on his full swing and that move transferred to his chipping. With the handle so far forward, he was not using the bounce as much on chips and did not release the club as much. GC showed many examples of this the other day.
antman8504
AG
And yes, Brandel is a tool, so I wont even click that link to give him traffic.
hunterjr81
Brandel is smart and does his research. I clicked on the link twice to cover for you.
tommeehawk7
Chamblee doesn't take any crap of of anybody , I like his take.
AgDotCom
In my opinion he's barely tolerable. He could be decent, maybe good, if he'd stop running off at the mouth. Say it with 70% fewer words and he's probably good to go. Less is more, especially when you've got just one tour win on your resume.
antman8504
AG
Of course you like him tomme. Yall are both sip trolls that hate tiger
bagger05
AG
quote:
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.