Laser Range Finders

2,437 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by God-Family-Friends-Ag FB
Sooper Jeenyus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Which one and why? Features & cost, pros/cons.

I saw a thread on this topic from January; thought new models/technologies might be available by now. If you have recommendations, I'd like to hear them.
AggieT
AG
I have a Bushnell V2. It works. They all do pretty much the same thing. I'd just buy whatever you can get the cheapest.
Sooper Jeenyus
AG
Are you typically shooting the flag, the stick, or is there always a laser prism available where you play?

Obviously, I don't have one and haven't used one. Previous thread indicated background objects could be problematic. As the item is not cheap, I'd like to learn what I can before making any decisions.
dcrewint
My wife just gave me an early Christmas gift. Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt. It's been great. Background objects aren't an issue. The slope version would have been an added bonus but not necessary. I've never used anything other than the lame looking binocular kind which needed to find the reflectors. This one doesn't. Which makes good for finding distances to water hazards, sand traps, etc.
leachfan
V3 Jolt
nickel
I've got a Nikon coolshot, and like it fine.

Here's one currently on sale with Golf Galaxy.
http://www.golfgalaxy.com/leupold-pincaddie-laser-rangefinder/ss13lpldpncdergfdr/product
FormerLefty
AG
I have the V2 and I really like it. The V3 looks awesome as well but I have no experience with it.
Mr.Bond
AG
Leupold GXI absolutely the best in the world imo. It's good enough for the US Military
God-Family-Friends-Ag FB
quote:
Leupold GXI absolutely the best in the world imo. It's good enough for the US Military

Yep, love my Gx3i
Sooper Jeenyus
AG
Does the GXI or 3I have "scanning" technology or are they point-and-shoot only?

Also, how does everyone feel about hunting v. golf rangefinders? According to some, the technology is identical; the price difference, however, is considerate.

Edit: for the record, I'm a big fan of Leupold's hunting optics.
God-Family-Friends-Ag FB
Has scanning, which is crucial as I can get shaky while playing golf, making it hard to shoot from far out. Scanning is all I use as it is super quick and easy.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.