san antonio golf courses

1,714 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by AgsMyDude
Boodlum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What are the best courses to live on or near in SA? Good neighborhoods etc...
CashinOut
Matsui
AG

Sonterra
The Quarry
TX AG 88
AG
Silverhorn and Sonterra are in nice areas. Almost bought a house in the subdivision right on the way in to Silverhorn, and would have no problem living there. Across Bitters is a nice enough, but lower price point neighborhood (Hidden Forest?).

Sonterra's two courses have some very nice (some country club) fairway properties. I think their South Course has some overlooking (from the top of a pretty tall cliff/bluff) homes that are in Hill Country Village (or Hollywood Park, I can't keep 'em straight) if you want acreage.
tommeehawk7
I played in a lot of amateur tournaments at Pecan valley many years ago. Have they shut it down there yet?
TX AG 88
AG
I do believe it's overgrown with weeds, now. But who in their right mind would want to live down there, now?
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Used to live in Hidden Forest, now a little farther out Blanco Road. I think Hidden Forest is on the decline. Not a big fan of living outside 1604 with the traffic that is never getting better in the sonterra area. I play all the munis and a few of the daily fee courses, not much of a drive to most of them. There are some houses along Olympia Hills, some along Cedar Creek, and come pretty ritzy condos real close to Brack. Depends on your price range.
tommeehawk7
TFS , are they keeping Cedar Creek in good shape? We lived there when it first opened up , great tract.
AG
It is in real good shape now. Still a very slow place to play if you don't get out early. Greens are about the best shape they have ever been in and they seem to be winning the war with the hogs.
Boodlum
AG
I'm really looking at sonterra due to a company membership but just curious as to other areas. I appreciate all the responses!
AG
There are plenty of options around Sonterra with the north and south course as stated before. Even if you find a spot on the south course that you can't technically get on the course, the front gate to Sonterra will only be 5-10 minutes away max.
Matsui
AG
forgot about silverhorn
definitely look near there
Nom de Plume
AG
Dominion is decent.
AgsMyDude
AG
Olympia Hills is fun and not a bad price.

not sure about living there though.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.