How many rounds did you play this year?

3,664 Views | 35 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by oldflyer
antman8504
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The year is wrapping up and was curious to see how much everyone got to play this year? And what is your handicap?

For the first time, I tracked my scorecards in golfshot all year. I have 32 rounds played with 2 nine hole rounds. Pretty happy with that number. Golf shot is a great app too, it is fun to see statistics and keep track of your game.

My handicap according to golfshot is an 11.7, which I am good with. At the end of last year, I was around a 18. Best round this year and ever is a 9 over 81.
CapCityAg89
AG
Probably around 50 or 60. Down from Florida.
agsalaska
AG
Probably 50. I was above once a week but I had two things derail me.

1. 84-70-82. I have always taken a lot of pride in my consistency. That was two rounds that were as bad as it gets sandwiching a tie for my lowest score of the season.

2. Deer season.
CapCityAg89
AG
F-golf (for Alaska).
turfaggie24
AG
5, and I work on a golf course. I know, it's my own fault. Going to make more of a priority next year.
agfan2013
AG
Probably around 10-15 if I had to guess
proudaggie02
AG
I'm right at 55, which is a bit of a down year. I took all of September off due to a back issue. My strongest stretch was 25 rounds in 3 months (April-June).

On the bright side, my skiing days area bout to go way up. I've only gotten in 5-10 days of skiing the last seasons, and I'm shooting for 30 days this season (bought a place in Breck).
ORAggieFan
First round was mid-May after not playing for 6 years and hit 20 rounds yesterday. Should get at least 5 more in before end of year. Handicap is a 26 but hopefully start going down now as I improve.
Prosper92Ag
AG
Didn't keep track, but I'd say 30 rounds of 18, and who knows how many 9-hole rounds with my kids (probably another 20-30 of those).

This was my first full year as a member at a club. Makes all the difference in the world being able to sneak in a 9-hole round in an hour and a half.
ElCheAg
AG
Too many. And have gotten worse.
MarkPro
50+
bagger05
AG
I have 39 saved on Golfshot and there are five that aren't saved that I can think of off the top of my head. So I'd say I'll probably end the year right around 50.

Handicap is down to a 10.8 on GolfShot. I started the year at about 16.

Shot a new low round several times. I shot an 83 in November 2012 and didn't touch it again until this summer. I had a stretch where I broke 85 six times in seven rounds including my low score ever -- an 80 on day two of my club championship.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Tough to say... 25-30?
dbtexasag05
+.8

I think I played 40-50 times this year.

I had a great stretch through the middle of the summer and was hitting balls, putting, and chipping weekly.

I had a two day ryder cup format where I had two rounds in the sixties and another low seventies.

This was easily one of my better years of golf.
Hanrahan
AG
I have 59 rounds entered so far this year. Probably another 30 or so that didn't get entered because of various reasons (mulligans, didn't finish, giving up a hole, improper drops. All terrible scores not good scores). All that, and I didn't get any better.... Still in the 7's. Did shoot a 76 one time though so I at least set a new low round this year.

I seem to have a different swing every single day. Some days I literally feel like I've never swung a club before. Drives me insane.
antman8504
AG
So you played about 90 rounds!! that is nice. I am sure that you are a member at a club playing that much.

Golf drives all of us insane! lol. I will go shoot a low 80, then the following day shoot a 95.
Tom Hagen
AG
Hanrahan
AG
Its the most golf I've ever played; had a stint this spring and early summer where I was out there at some point during the day most every Tuesday-friday. Yes member at a club. Using the heck out of it really helps drive down the per-round net cost. Just wish through all of that I would have picked up some more consistency, but no. Ball striking potential on any given shot has gone through the roof, but the bad ones are just as bad as ever.
Jeff Schmahl
Played 44 rounds which is way below what I averaged when living in Texas (live in New Jersey now just outside of NYC).

But 44 rounds is pretty good for a guy who was diagnosed with stage 4 Pancreatic cancer in April and only given a year to live. Chemotherapy is working great, though, and my prognosis is now much better. PTL!

Low round of the year was a 4 under 68...favorite round was 75 on Pinehurst #2 with my Texas golf buddies trip. Also got to play Pine Valley twice this summer...once with the Aggie golf team!!! Unbelievable place...deserving of its #1 world ranking.

Will be back in Aggieland in April and again next fall to see Kyle Field in all of its glory...and lots of golf!

If you'd like to follow my story, I'm writing a blog called The Last Train.

http://the-last-train.com/
tommeehawk7
I played 9 holes on sunday afternoons a lot. And 9 holes after work quite often once daylight savings time started.
I actually didn't get a whole lot of 18 hole rounds in. I'm guessing I averaged getting out there about 1 1/2 times per week.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Right around 50 rounds. I used to keep track and have slacked off, will look at that app, that is something I need. About an 11 handicap I figure, low this year was a 78 with 3 birdies in that round, that is the second lowest I have ever shot. Second career ace back in mid Feb. Pretty consistent 81-85 with the attention span of a 3 year old on the course. I would easily be single digits if I had better mental focus.

At least that is what I hang on to.
tommeehawk7
TFShoe , where did you make the hole-in-one ?
HouAggie
AG
Will be about 50 for me, but I'm trending the wrong direction. Probably 35 in 1st half of year and 15 in 2nd half and I think twice a month is likely the best I'll be able to do until my kids are older and hopefully want to play too.
proudaggie02
AG
Jeff,

You've got a great outlook, and those are some impressive rounds and courses. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
tommeehawk7
My prayers are with you also Jeff. Fight on and play great.
Lukeno
AG
Right around 35
bagger05
AG
Read a few posts on The Last Train but I gotta get back to work! Great blog and I'll follow along.

God bless you, sir, and hang in there. Just read the post about the nicknames and it seems like you've got a wonderful family.
Aggie1391
Probably around 35, but most were earlier. Haven't gotten to play much since July when I had to give up my membership.

Shot 76 in the rain at River Ridge in April in the round I am most proud of. Not my best score, but considering my partner that day and that fact that I hate playing in the rain, I'm proud of it.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
quote:
TFShoe , where did you make the hole-in-one ?

#11 at willow, 7 iron that started right on line and never left it.
Jack Daniels
Easily over 100.
FirefightAg
AG
20-24 I play most of then in May and June and a little more in October. Bird season takes up a lot of my time and money and I hate 100F golf. Probably still about a 7-8 hcp
Removed:15444557
Probably a dozen. I haven't touched a club in close to 6 months though.... Might try to get one more round in before the end of the year.
tamu2009
AG
Around 60. Started at 11 goal was to be below a 5 by the end of summer. Hit 5.0 on August 1st and since have gone up to a 5.7
Maroonedinaustin
AG
Around 50. Went from a 32 handicap down to a 23. (Only been playing 2 years.) Kind of stuck at a 23 but I'm happy with the improvement. Hope to be in the teens by next spring.
mongey donk
AG
Get to play 5 days a week. We have the new Golden Tee in the office...
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.