Recommendation in Houston

2,578 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by jakeaggie84
coachallout
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am a coach and don't get much time to play from August until May as I coach three sports (football, basketball, track) and they all fade into each other. The only time I get to play during the school year are during Christmas (1 week) and Spring break. I am going to play Tour 18 and the Moody Gardens course over Christmas break but I am looking for 1 more course to play during this time. I have several that I am thinking about but wanted some recommendations from people who have actually played them. Thanks for all your responses.
Ag_07
AG
With not much info on location or price preference here's a few I enjoy.

Cypresswood Traditions - Always in great shape and challenging
River Ridge - In Sealy along the Brazos and it's nice, tranquil out in woods type golf
Timber Creek - Nice course that can get challenging with lots of carries over creeks
Woodforest - Some of the best greens in town
Memorial Park - Always nice, cheap, and a classic layout that never gets old. If it's just you walk-on as it's hard to get tee times
Wildcat - Some here hate it but it's one of my favorites in town because of the elevation changes, blind shots, and carries. Nothing like it around here
coachallout
AG
Price isn't a problem and location is any where around Houston. Don't mind driving to play good golf. My home courses are Stephen F and River Ridge if that helps any one.
tommeehawk7
Coach , have you played "The Falls" in New Ulm? Great tract.
HouAggie
AG
I would scratch Tour 18. Nothing special.
coachallout
AG
quote:
Coach , have you played "The Falls" in New Ulm? Great tract.
Love the falls. Looking for something I haven't played before. As far as Tour 18, there is a group that wants to play it so I am going along for the fun.
antman8504
AG
I really enjoyed Moody Gardens.

I also like Wildcat, especially the Highlands course. A couple weird blind shots, but just get a 3 dollar yardage book and you will be okay. I really like the back nine on that course.

Since you said money is not a factor, maybe consider Golf Club of Houston (Redstone) tournament course. This is the course that host the Shell Open.
Aggie1391
quote:
I really enjoyed Moody Gardens.

I also like Wildcat, especially the Highlands course. A couple weird blind shots, but just get a 3 dollar yardage book and you will be okay. I really like the back nine on that course.

Since you said money is not a factor, maybe consider Golf Club of Houston (Redstone) tournament course. This is the course that host the Shell Open.

Wouldn't recommend Redstone right now. It's probably been over seeded, and won't be great shape. Definitely not worth the green fees.
Hotdog Hamblin
AG
If you're willing to drive to Moody, Wilderness in Lake Jackson is also worth the drive, IMO. Course is a lot of fun and it's in great shape right now. Also can't go wrong with Memorial Park if you can get a tee time.
jakeaggie84
AG
Black horse, meadowbrook farms.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.