Remax Long Drive Championship

2,482 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by pdaddy
Chipotlemonger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does anyone care as little about this deal than me?
Marauder Blue 6
AG
You care so little that you started a thread about it? How very hipster.

It's not traditional golf by any sense but I've seen some of those guys in action and the athleticism required to do what they do is pretty impressive. The hand-eye coordination and timing is unreal when they're moving so fast.
98Ag99Grad
AG
I like watching the finals. It's cool to see them bash a ball like that but obviously says nothing about the rest of their golf game. Guy who won had clubhead speed of 145mph I think and ball speed over 200. I mean, that's just crazy.
Unemployed
AG
I'm sure a lot of these guys are pretty good golfers. Takes a lot of skill and hand-eye coordination to be able hit such a long club a mile and straight.
jackie childs
quote:
I'm sure a lot of these guys are pretty good golfers. Takes a lot of skill and hand-eye coordination to be able hit such a long club a mile and straight.
per the website, of the final 8 competitors, three of them are an 8 handicap and one is a 15. there a couple of scratch golfers and sadlowski is a +2. just found that interesting.

if i'm flipping channels and see it on, i'll probably tune in for a little bit just because it is pretty impressive to watch those guys hit so long, but it's far from "must watch"
Aggie1391
I played at Redstone with a guy who competed in it one day. He was a 7 or 8 handicap. Hearing the sound the club makes at impact is crazy.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
You care so little that you started a thread about it? How very hipster.
Ha, just was curious as to what others in the TA golf community think about it. Thanks for the snide response. Next time when there is no thread on a current golf subject, and that subject isn't being already discussed on another thread, I'll just twiddle my thumbs and F5 the golf forums all day while waiting for someone else to have the clairvoyance to create the new topic.
Marauder Blue 6
AG
You could do that if you're not otherwise engaged. Or you could employ the search function at the top of the page and find the last REMAX Long Drive thread that you posted on before.
hot dog
AG
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Don't let the zoo bleed here.
antman8504
AG
Didn't know Adam Smith was an Aggie. I will be rooting for him now. I remember thinking that he had a very good looking swing. Looks like he is not swinging out of his shoes like some of the other competitors.

Anyways, there are two MSU baseball players that allows golf channel to give MSU baseball air time. Why not give Aggie baseball air time? Golf Channel hates us... lol. Texags.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
You could do that if you're not otherwise engaged. Or you could employ the search function at the top of the page and find the last REMAX Long Drive thread that you posted on before.
Here it is everybody! Here it is!

No new threads. Don't create a new Sony Open thread in January. Don't create a new Masters thread in the spring. Who the **** wants a new thread EVERY *********YEAR. Make sure to "employ the search function at the top of the page" as heretofore described. We have a vision now people. For the greater good.
jj9000
Aggie1391
quote:
quote:
Here it is everybody! Here it is!

No new threads. Don't create a new Sony Open thread in January. Don't create a new Masters thread in the spring. Who the **** wants a new thread EVERY *********YEAR. Make sure to "employ the search function at the top of the page" as heretofore described. We have a vision now people. For the greater good.
Cedar09
Adam is coached by my swing coach in college! Great to see them on TV!
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
I saw the first round for him, did he win?
pdaddy
AG
Nope. Adam lost in semis but he hit the longest ball of the tournament in quarter finals. 383 yards.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.