DFW Courses

2,660 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Ag pride
jonj101
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Heading up to Dallas tomorrow until Friday, and was looking for any insight into good course options in the DFW area. I was thinking of asking my club to contact some for a reciprocal option, but even with that I'm not sure I could get on at the classic ones I've heard of (i.e. Colonial).

I haven't played in the DFW area at all, so if anyone could give any insight/opinions to enjoyable public ones in the area, I'm open. I've read online a few articles about Texas Star, Cowboys, and the Tribute, but any inside viewpoints and suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance.

AggieP18
Can't go wrong with any of those courses, old American and The Tribute(British open holes), are great tracts also. Stevens park this time of the year is my favorite
bagger05
AG
Tribute is badass. Highly recommend.
TitanAGGIE09
AG
As said before you cant go wrong with those or any suggested as well. Tierra Verde is a good option too.
agsalaska
AG
Yep. All of those.

DFW is a big place. Where are you staying?
TexsAggies
AG
Stevens Park is decent course for $50 with a fun layout and views of downtown Dallas. Texas star is another good one. Cowboys is fun but if you wanted to save a little money going to the grapevine muni next to it is just as good a course. You'll just be missing out on the only NFL owned golf corse which is great in its own respect.
fordag4
AG
Texas star
Chipotlemonger
AG
Stevens Park and Grapevine are great options.
jonj101
quote:
Yep. All of those.

DFW is a big place. Where are you staying?
I'm staying in Addison, but don't mind driving.
Van Buren Boy
AG
Waterchase? Wasn't all that impressed with cowboys
hoya-ag
AG
Depends on where you are staying but I like Grapevine and Tenison (Highlands).
Hotdog Hamblin
AG
Up in that general area, I used to like the Creek course at Indian Lakes (haven't been out there in 7 years) and of course Bridlewood.

Another vote for Tennison Highlands but it sounds like Steven's Park has taken over as the best muni in Dallas since the renovation.
agsalaska
AG
quote:
Up in that general area, I used to like the Creek course at Indian Lakes (haven't been out there in 7 years) and of course Bridlewood.

Another vote for Tennison Highlands but it sounds like Steven's Park has taken over as the best muni in Dallas since the renovation.
All good choices.

If in Addison it is actually the Creek Course at Indian Creek. Good course and tough final stretch of holes on the back.

Grapevine Muni is good. Texas Star is good. I think Waterchase has the potential to be a championship layout if they wanted it to be. Great layout. Cowboys is a good competitive course but you will pay for it.

Stevens Park is fun. Tenison HIghlands is more challenging and fun. I like them both.
Chipotlemonger
AG
My buddy who used to live in Addison and golf all over the metroplex with me said it best the other day in reference to golf in our area: "It's so ****ing good up there."
Prior22
AG
Will add another vote for Grapevine. It's in great shape right now .
Hotdog Hamblin
AG
Thanks, Alaska. No wonder if I could never figure out if I liked the Creek Course at Indian Lakes or the Lakes Course at Indian Creek. It was neither! Couldn't agree more about those last three or so holes on the back.
LeFraud
Indian creek had a class of '13 beverage cart girl who was not too shabby, not too shabby at all.
Chipotlemonger
Ag pride
AG
Riverside
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.