Topgolf

4,780 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Chipotlemonger
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Haven't been by the area during daylight but just passed it. Right off 1604, huge nets, facility looks pretty close to complete. Work to do on the inside and parking area/entrance.
Pahdz
The one here in OKC is opening in the spring
CapCity12thMan
AG
wen there this past weekend for the first time.

does nothing for me really...I can only see this as fun challenging other guys on the points system/games for betting/bragging rights but I don't really get much out of this type of golf experience
Icecream_Ag
S
quote:
does nothing for me really...I can only see this as fun challenging other guys on the points system/games for betting/bragging rights but I don't really get much out of this type of golf experience
thats the freaking point of Top Golf.
AgPrognosticator
AG
Never played TG, but I will be at the San Antonio location within days or weeks of it opening. I will report back.

For what it's worth, I am a generally competitive golfer who prefers a semi-serious round to one of butt-slapping beer drinking.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
For what it's worth, I am a generally competitive golfer who prefers a semi-serious round to one of butt-slapping beer drinking.
TG is not a "round of golf" and I never get in the same mindset for one as I do the other. I am the same way when I golf. TG I do not consider textbook "golf."
DannyDuberstein
AG
Right. Look at it as a night out at the sports bar where you happen to get to hit some golf balls and have a little competition. With the right mindset and expectation, it can be a lot of fun. If you're expecting it to be some sort of replacement for a round of golf, you'll probably be disappointed.
bagger05
AG
I said this earlier, but it's much more like bowling than it is like golf.

You're there hanging out and drinking beer and every five minutes someone will remind you that it's your turn. You pause your beer drinking and bulls##tting, spend a minute trying your best to score points, and then after your turn is over you don't really care if you did good or bad, you just go back to drinking and hanging out.

Like bowling, if you get into the zone and are doing really well then you probably will care about your score a little more, but in general the golf part of it is something that is just going on in the background.

Whether you are looking for a serious golf experience or a casual golf experience, if you're looking for any kind of golf experience at Top Golf then you're probably going to be disappointed.

I can see that if someone was a really serious bowler they might not like going to the bowling alley on a Friday night just to shoot the breeze and hang out. Same thing goes for serious golfers. If you can't help but turn on your golfing brain when you put a club in your hand then it just might not be your thing.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Well said bagger
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.