Anybody a member at Meadowbrook Farms in Katy?

1,650 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by HouAggie
WHOOP!'91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What's the 411 on this place? Anyone know the initiation and monthly fees? I would ask them to send me the information from their web page, but I don't want the inevitable spam that would follow.

There seems to be considerable negative feedback on the web about it, but seems its mostly because its no longer wide open due to the proliferation of houses. I don't have a problem with that.
tommeehawk7
Isn't Meadowbrook a public course?
JJWAGGIE
AG
Nice course... you don't have to be a member to play.
1208HawkTree
AG
I'm not a member, but I live 60 seconds from the clubhouse and play it "often". Good layout and usually above average to great condition. Has the "feel" of the course changed over the years with the increased building on some holes? Yes, but it's not like a lot of courses in residential areas. Aside from 3 or 4 holes (3,4,5, and maybe 11), you have to really miss the fairway for the yards to be in play. Have I done it? Yes, but not nearly as often as I would at others. I would also say that half of the holes do not have any developement around them and a few that do, you don't really even notice it (1,2, 10). The biggest change to me was when they started removing the Norman "flared" bunkers with sharp borders, and they aren't done. I understand they are a PITA to maintain due to washout after it rains, but it really changed the look of a lot of holes. They are about half done with the conversion.

Greens are usually good, albeit a little slow unless we have had a long period of cool and dry weather. The plan last time I looked into joining was for them to become a private club when a certain number of members was reached. Don't know if it's still in the works.
agsalaska
AG
I used to play there a lot from about 2002-2006. The course was always in great shape and had some of the best greens available to the public in Houston. I really like the layout a lot. I had heard the neighborhood had started growing on it but its good to hear it is mostly away from the play.

There used to be a pack of coyotes that you would hear around the 18th tee if you played late enough.
Aggie1391
One of my favorite courses in the city, and a special place to me since it's the first place I ever broke 80. I really hope they don't go private with it. The greens are normally in good shape and can get a bit quick during the summer. The course used to be a lot harder back in the day, but they cut down all the highlands grass to speed up pace of play I think. That what's it's pretty wide open now.
1208HawkTree
AG
The coyotes are still out there. I hear them a lot at night from my backyard.

Need to clarify my first post. They aren't removing bunkers, just grassing the slopes on the sides. Essentially, making them relatively flat bunkers surrounded by mounds.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Any ideas on dues and monthly fees? Sub 35 year old here
1208HawkTree
AG
Not sure on the exact numbers but I want to say it's around $1500 initiation and dues are $250-300 a month.
HouAggie
AG
I seem to recall it being closer to $3k initiation for a junior (circa 2012). And $300 dues.

They're a little proud of it, in my opinion.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.