Wedge Fitting - Houston

1,570 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by jackie childs
FatherGoose
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've been gradually upgrading my clubs and all I've really got left is to get a good set of wedges to complete my set. I'd like to get fit for wedges somewhere in Houston but I'm suspect of Golfsmith's ability to do a very good job. Does anybody know of a good place to get fit by someone who knows what they are doing for either Titleist, Cleveland, or some other quality set of wedges?
FatherGoose
AG
And to preemptively get ahead of those recommendations, I am aware of Scor wedges. If it comes down to it I may go that direction but I'm pretty tall (6'5") and would like to get some more hands on fitting than just filling out a form online.
tommeehawk7
Fathergoose , you might want to call The Swanson Teaching Center. I'm pretty sure they do wedge fitting there.If not they can sure point you in the right direction.
Txroper
AG
quote:
Fathergoose , you might want to call The Swanson Teaching Center. I'm pretty sure they do wedge fitting there.If not they can sure point you in the right direction.
This
TitanAGGIE09
AG
Chalk me up as someone who wishes they had returned their 3 Scor wedges during the 60 day trial. I fell like 99% of people love them, but for some reason I am the 1%
bagger05
AG
I looked at the Scor wedges but the head seemed really small to me.
stick93
AG
You could give me free Vokeys or Cleveland and I would not take my Scors out of my bag. But to be fair, I also wouldn't trade my $29 Cleveland hybrids for anything either.

powerbelly
AG
quote:
Chalk me up as someone who wishes they had returned their 3 Scor wedges during the 60 day trial. I fell like 99% of people love them, but for some reason I am the 1%
Count me in this group as well.
tommeehawk7
I love my Vokeys . I have 48* , 52* , 56* & 60*
FatherGoose
AG
I would love to get creative but I'm thinking I'll just get the Vokey SM4 or SM5. Anybody had any experience with these?
TitanAGGIE09
AG
quote:
quote:
Count me in this group as well.

I've played cleveland wedges for the last 15 years so I think it's just a personal feel psychological thing, but after 8 rounds over 2 months I'm going to switch back.
ISEN AG
AG
quote:

Definitely recommend Swanson Teaching Center. I take Lessons out there and their teaching/fitting setup is pretty nice. They advertise themselves as a Top 100 fitter but I have not used them for that, just lessons.
Txroper
AG
quote:
I would love to get creative but I'm thinking I'll just get the Vokey SM4 or SM5. Anybody had any experience with these?
I have the SM5's. I really like them. I have had Cleveland's before and don't have any complaints about them. With The SM 5's, the ball just explodes off of them. I can get them to spin backwards on the campus course which is not easy.
jackie childs
quote:

great experience with both. i had the SM4 in 50-56-60 and loved them. recently sold them and bought a 50-56 in the SM5 (f grind) and love them too.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.