Campus Course Winter Rates

1,614 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by klockness
RCL1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Received an email yesterday, beginning November 1 the Campus Course will start their new winter rates.
Weekday -$39 with cart
Weekend -$49 with cart
Along with low twilight rates and a new grill!
Golf Course is in great shape, this is an excellent deal!
bagger05
AG
They need to get a walking rate for the weekends.

Course was in great shape on the Sunday after the Ole Miss game.
agfan2013
AG
It's a good course, and definitely an upgrade but I'd really like to see it more in the $35-40 range for the weekends. It's just a bit overpriced in my opinion.
The D
AG
quote:
It's a good course, and definitely an upgrade but I'd really like to see it more in the $35-40 range for the weekends. It's just a bit overpriced in my opinion.

Not sure how people think that course is overpriced. Move to Houston or Dallas where you are playing comparable courses that cost $70-$80 on the weekends.

If the $35 range is more what you like, go play pecan lakes.

The campus course is a heck of a value.
agfan2013
AG
quote:
Not sure how people think that course is overpriced. Move to Houston or Dallas where you are playing comparable courses that cost $70-$80 on the weekends.

If the $35 range is more what you like, go play pecan lakes.

The campus course is a heck of a value.

This isn't houston or Dallas, we are talking about B/CS and surrounding area. Briarcrest is $40 or $50 on the weekends, I think they have a better layout and was in better shape early on, campus course may have caught up. Muni is like $25 on weekends and has a worse layout and is in worse shape.

So just judging between the three public courses in the city, that's what I think. I live in caldwell and can drive 45 minutes and play pine forest for $30 on a weekend with a cart and it's layout blows all of those out of the water, although its shape is usually lower than all but muni. Hell, you can play wolfdancer outside Bastrop for $55 with a special and that is a resort course and is 3X what the campus course is.

Again just my $.02
RCL1
I don't think Briarcrest is in the same ball park in any aspect, layout or condition. Campus Course is so much better, my .02
DadAG10
If you want cheap golf today (under $40), expect the course to look like a cheap course in a few years.
Turf-Ag02
AG
Looking to put together a weekly 9-hole "game" at the Campus Course and am in need of some feedback. Format would change weekly with most weeks being a two-man set up of some sort. Please pass along your thoughts and ideas such as best day, formats, best time, etc. It may be too late in the year now to get it rolling, however if enough interest is shown, it could start up quicker than expected.

TIA
watty
AG
Yeah I don't understand the "it should be cheaper" comments. A course that only costs $35 on the weekend is not a nice course.
klockness
AG
I think the problem with the cost of the campus course is it's close to $65 on the weekend and they don't allow walking. Most locals willing to pay that already have memberships at country clubs. I'm not saying it's not a fair price for the layout and condition it's just not going to get a lot of business at that price except on game weekends. I think the winter rates are a pretty good price for the course and the area.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.