Weekend rage

4,072 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by oldschool87
93MarineHorn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If you play golf you are going to be hit into, usually innocently. The old man in the OP is a complete idiot. Losing your sh/t because some guys ball ROLLS past you 300+ yards from the tee box makes you the kind of golfer that the sport would do well to lose. I've been hit into so many times I would have had a stroke by now if I lost my temper like that each time. It's usually younger, more impatient guys that are the offenders.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Not gonna lie... I teed off on hole 16 at Ridgeview Ranch this weekend while a guy was still in my driver range on a par 5.

Didn't think I'd come anywhere close to hitting near him...Had been cutting my driver all day badly. There were 2 slow groups in front of us in the back 9...my playing partner and I didn't feel like playing through two foursomes though.

Hit a high good cut that I kept in play. Dude was hitting out of a bunker on the left that I didn't think I would reach based on my ****ty tee balls all round. Ended up landing bout 30 yards right of the guy. Looked back at me but no gestures. Funny thing is...they played the rest of the round quickly (the rest of hole 16 then 17 and 18).

I was pissed at my driver by then and just wanted to hit it when I was really ready..unfortunately it was while people were still in range. My 2 last drives were the best of the day by FAR. So I'll take that.
bagger05
AG
Regardless of how bad I'm hitting it, if a good shot will hit them then I need to wait.

Just because I hit my 3-wood 260 one time doesn't mean I need to wait if I'm hitting into a green that's 260 away. Getting it 260 would be a freak occurrence, and if I roll up on them then I'd apologize and call it good.

But if I've been hitting my 3 wood like crap and the green is 230 away, I need to wait. Reaching the green from 230 would be a good shot, not a miracle.

The way I always think of it is what would I say if I hit into them?

"Sorry, I hit into you. You were 230 yards away and I had a 230 yard club in my hand and I was aiming at you."
Chipotlemonger
AG
Touche. I was just frustrated with the waiting we had been doing a lot of the afternoon and how I was hitting the ball. For some reason I think that the extra concentration on the tee of not hitting the guys up there helped me to keep the ball right and in a better position.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Most of the instances I recall where I've done it involved either (1) simply not seeing the group, or (2) I see them start driving off thinking they all have hit but then they stop or do a 180 for some reason - after I'm focused on my shot. Occasionally, I may light into a drive or a 2nd shot on a par 5, but at worst, it's one that rolls up close to their heels but never put them in any danger. All of these are pretty rare though, as I try to be very cautious. I play fast, but my attitude is that I can wait on them now or wait on the next shot. So I choose to wait a little longer now.
oldschool87
AG
I always use this line in those idiots...

I'm sorry you must have paid alot more money for your green fee than we did!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.