Best Round of Golf Ever

1,250 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by ORAggieFan
Postal
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I had my best round of golf ever today.

I shot an 87. This is only the third time that I have broken 90, so that was cool. The slope rating of the course was also the highest I had ever played on at 125. The other 2 times that I broke 90 the slope ratings were 121 and 114 respectively. I'm in the military, and I'm cheap, so I usually play twilight on base and pay around 10-15 bucks. I am temporary duty for two weeks at Naval Air Station Pensacola. It has been a beautiful weekend, and I played Saturday and Sunday. After I turned in a round that I' m sure was over 100 yesterday, I ventured back on the course today to prove that I was better than my Saturday round.

I started off good on the front nine. I had three pars and 5 bogeys, which is above average for me. But then, I double bogeyed 9,10, 11 and 12. I was frustrated! The greens here have been the fastest I have ever played. I could only take a breath and remind myself to have fun. On 13, I started with a decent drive and then hit my second into the sand 100 yards from the green. While I was still frustrated, I pressed forward.

And then it happened.... The U.S. Navy Blue Angels were returning from an airshow this weekend, and they let me and the rest of the base know they were back in town. They flew over me in their 6 close, parade formation with the smoke on at 200 feet!!!!! It scared me and it thrilled me! They also had the two spare aircraft in close trail fly over me as well. It brought tears to my eyes! I was so damn proud to be an American at that moment. I was so thankful and joyous! They each pulled close, put down their gear, and flew over me again, as I gave them a Gator Chomp clap and Arsenio Hall arm motions.

I scored par on four of the next five holes (1 bogey mixed in) for a final 87. it was unbelievable. I was all by myself on the course, so I'm glad I didn't have a hole in one, because that is the only thing that could have made it better.

TLDR; I played golf at NAS Pensacola, and the Blue Angels flew over me at 200 feet. It was awesome!
Txroper
AgDotCom
Congrats. Nice story. And thank you for your service!
Yesterday
AG
Well done!
Chipotlemonger
ORAggieFan
Played on MCAS Miramar base yesterday for the first time. Great course.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.