PGA of America president fired for calling Ian Poulter a lil girl!

1,764 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by AgPrognosticator
Yesterday
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Are you kidding me? Tell me this guy was on his last straw and this was the scapegoat.

http://m.espn.go.com/golf/story?storyId=11756829
AgDotCom
The bigger question in my mind is why are grown men....especially those in positions of responsibility....using twitter?

If you have trouble keeping your mouth shut why multiply the worst case scenario by 100?

It's like putting a match in your pocket before you walk into a garage full of gasoline. Remove it from the equation and simply don't do it.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Dumb comment but even worse overreaction. Not only fired, but erased from the books.
Unemployed
AG
Was watching Golf Channel and they act like what he said was the worst thing that has ever happened in golf. Just a bunch of sanctimonious commentary.

What he said was stupid but it ain't that big of a deal.
DannyDuberstein
AG
That comment is not sexist. Simply a figure of speech that is used all the time. Ridiculous overreaction. He'd clearly pissed some people off in other ways in the past and they used this farce to pounce.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Agreed with last 2.
14TheRoad
AG
I don't really care what he said, it certainly didn't offend me but if you are that stupid and unaware of how your actions are going to be viewed on a public social media platform you deserve to be fired for lack of critical thinking skills.
Big Cat `93
AG
Dumb tweet, dumber reaction to it.
AgPrognosticator
AG
What he said was not as much of a problem as the capacity in which he said it and the forum on which he said it. If the president of the PGA is going to directly criticize a professional golfer and use slang derogatory terms, he probably shouldn't make them public to every person on planet earth.

With that being said, I can't believe how badly the PGA overreacted. Political correctness nazis ruin people's lives on a daily basis -- this is just a mainstream example. (Now they're going to come hunt me down because I used the word Nazi out of context).
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.