Whats your opinion on the new PGA Time rules?

1,477 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by tommeehawk7
EastTexAg14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Do you think for the PGA these are necessary? I know that slow play discussion are like beating a dead horse but curious as to how these rules are viewed. I believe that by pressing for golf to played faster takes away the true spirit of the game. By attempting to decrease the time per round are you taking away players ability to really see the course and game for what it is intended.

http://www.golfwrx.com/250699/does-golf-need-a-shot-clock/
birdman
I love it. Wish the rules were harsher.
Icecream_Ag
S
quote:
I believe that by pressing for golf to played faster takes away the true spirit of the game. By attempting to decrease the time per round are you taking away players ability to really see the course and game for what it is intended.
if you need that much time to "see the course" after spending 3 days literally stepping off every angle, then you should probably stick with something like chess.

When your last group goes off at 2 on a mid summers day and they finishing 18 in the dark, the rounds are taking too freaking long.

proudaggie02
AG
quote:
I believe that by pressing for golf to played faster takes away the true spirit of the game. By attempting to decrease the time per round are you taking away players ability to really see the course and game for what it is intended.

Please tell me you're trolling.
EastTexAg14
AG
This should have been divided into a PGA standpoint and the amateur golfer. That was on my behalf for not distinguishing a difference. The point I was getting to was are the rules for the PGA tournaments fair to all players.

I also understand that there is a flood of amateurs that don't play to speeds that are deemed acceptable by local and unwritten rules. People complain about this slow pace of play. Why would you not expect to spend up to five hours on a round of golf at a municipal golf course.
Icecream_Ag
S
quote:
The point I was getting to was are the rules for the PGA tournaments fair to all players.
its on the players to play within the rules, not on the rules to be fair to the players.

They should put a 5 hour max limit on a round and if player A, be it Tiger Woods or Joe Dirt, is found to have caused the group to finish beyond that time limit DQ his butt.
agracer
AG
quote:
People like Netflix because they can chain-watch their favorite TV shows without commercial breaks. They like apps because information can be obtained with one click instead of two or three on a browser. Most people can't bear to read a 1,400-word news story, because it takes too long they'd prefer to read a 200-word snippet with images and a video or take a poll to see what "color" their personality is.
Read more at http://www.golfwrx.com/250699/does-golf-need-a-shot-clock/#exlJPICeVuW5GpEb.99
People have been complaining about slow play long before Neflix or the internet.
Ag pride
AG
I cannot imagine taking 5 hours to play a round........my foursome rarely needs 4.
ORAggieFan
quote:
I cannot imagine taking 5 hours to play a round........my foursome rarely needs 4.

Do you have millions on the line? I completely understand five hours with everything they are playing for. I think I regularly leave a few shots out there for the sake of pace.
ORAggieFan
quote:
Why would you not expect to spend up to five hours on a round of golf at a municipal golf course.

I play one of the busiest munis in the country and have never had a round over 4:30., even on weekend mid mornings.
tommeehawk7
East Tex , let's bring common sense into this , of course players should have time to make decisions , but not forever.
And a group should never be penalized for the actions of a slow playing dips**t in their group.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.