Help me out by answering 2 questions with new solutions...

781 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by dahouse
booradley
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
1) I've accumulated thousands of used golf balls... I need some ideas on how to get rid of them. and don't have the time to sell them.

anyone know a golf shop or place that would trade golf balls for credit???

2) I've got terrible algae in a pond I built in my yard. I've got a pump with a clorinator, but its not effectively killing the algae... any ideas???

thanks
Unemployed
AG
Donate to local high school golf team? Or to the 1st Tee program if you have one nearby?
stick93
AG
1. Same problem. No solution.

2. Same problem. I have a dozen or so koi and goldfish so I have to be careful. But I use as much algaecide as I can get away with. Combine that with a sludge remover to keep it acceptable. I try to drain it twice a year for a thorough cleaning. But I have found it easiest to drain it really low every couple of months, refill and pound with the above, barley, dechlorinator, etc.

Koi ponds are the devil!

Edit: there are also some semi-expensive ultraviolet lights that are supposed to help but I haven't tried one. Ewing Irrigation in Cedar Park is not far from you. They have a pretty large pond and are knowledgeable.
agsalaska
AG
quote:
1) I've accumulated thousands of used golf balls... I need some ideas on how to get rid of them. and don't have the time to sell them.

1. Use them as skeet.

or

2. My guess is those wholesalers that put buckets of used golf balls in Target, WalMart, Academy, etc have their contact information on the side of the buckets. I know they buy most of those from guys that put on scuba gear and go down into the ponds. I have seen those guys working on lots of different courses, everywhere from public courses to Colonial and Disney Magnolia(Alligators! Guy is nuts). They sell them to those companies. Go look at one of those buckets and get the info. You might even be able to google it.
Ag_07
AG
Maybe a local Mom/Pop driving range would take them for credit.
dahouse
AG
I give you cash and have them picked up or get them myself. I go through headache of cleaning/sorting/selling.

Deal?
Cody
Fightin Texas Aggie c/o 04
booradley
AG
quote:
I give you cash and have them picked up or get them myself. I go through headache of cleaning/sorting/selling.

Deal?

Cody - send me an email

booradley at suddenlink dot net
dahouse
AG
Email sent.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.